Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: For 12 hours and continuing: Blinks amber when plugged in wall charger!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 02-22-2005, 11:17 AM

Junior Lounger

For 12 hours and continuing: Blinks amber when plugged in wall charger!

Is this normal? Isn't it supposed to turn green in just around 4 hours? Mine has been FLASHING amber all the time when plugged with apple's wall charger, I got fed up and took it out 12 hours after. Since it never turned green, I am concerned if it was REALLY fully charged or not! BTW, this is my first IPOD ever!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-22-2005, 11:19 AM

Atlanta Falcons!

Welcome. Try to reset the iPod then see if the battery is fixed. I think that would work.

Old 02-22-2005, 11:24 AM

Junior Lounger

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by afalconsvick
Welcome. Try to reset the iPod then see if the battery is fixed. I think that would work.
How to reset it??
Old 02-22-2005, 11:25 AM

Atlanta Falcons!

http://forums.ipodlounge.com/archive/topic/60305-1.html

Old 02-22-2005, 11:32 AM

Junior Lounger

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by afalconsvick
http://forums.ipodlounge.com/archive/topic/60305-1.html
Sorry again, but that thread is for resetting a normal ipod, but how to do it on a Ipod shuffle?
Old 02-22-2005, 12:02 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by iceman_dl6
Sorry again, but that thread is for resetting a normal ipod, but how to do it on a iPod shuffle?
Resetting will not work in my case because it consists of turning it off for 5 seconds and turning back on again. Anyway, while charging, the unit is always off.

Anyone, any other solutions?
Old 02-22-2005, 12:50 PM

Junior Lounger

Has anyone else experience this with their wall charger? Its weird because flashing amber means that the computer is accessing the ipod shuffle, but it is IMPOSSIBLE since its plugged to an electrical outlet!
I am new to ipods and this is a very bad first impression from apple's part!
Come on you ipoders, help me out here!
Old 02-22-2005, 04:40 PM

Veteran Lounger

is it apples wall charger?

if you're talking about the FRONT light, then it doesnt change. if its blinking amber, then it will blink amber. the BACK led is the one that will go from amber to green when charging up a low battery
Old 02-22-2005, 05:49 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by zip22
is it apples wall charger?

if you're talking about the FRONT light, then it doesnt change. if its blinking amber, then it will blink amber. the BACK led is the one that will go from amber to green when charging up a low battery
Yes, its apple's charger. Actually I didn't notice the back led if it turned green or not. I will charge it tonight and take a look at the back led tonight. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:04 PM

Veteran Lounger

i use mine 2-3 hours a day then charge it overnight. mine has always had a green light, so it might just be green and stay green (the back light that is)
Old 02-23-2005, 10:58 AM

Junior Lounger

I still have the same problem:
I started charging it with the wall charger before I went to sleep and after I woke up, I still see the flashing amber light (back light AND front light) when it is still connected to the wall charger.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:34 AM

Junior Lounger

UPDATE: My Apple wall charger doesn't charge my shuffle! Here's why:
-When I pressed the battery status button before and after an approx 9 hour charge with the wall charger, its ALWAYS shows amber!

Could the wall charger be defected?
-Charging it via computer seems to be working (I pressed the battery status button after a 20 min charge to see that it turned from amber to green)

The weird part:
...But if the wall charger doesn't supply power to my shuffle, then why I see an amber blink nonetheless (logically speaking, if there's a light, there SHOULD be power as well! weird!)

Do any of you who have apple's wall charger suffer the same problem? Anyone now Apple's support email address?
Old 03-03-2005, 02:56 PM

Junior Lounger

According to Apple, the status light blinks orange when it is connected to a computer and you should not disconnect. I have charged mine only using a high-power USB 2.0. The status light is solid orange until it charges and then turns solid green. the button on the back is a charge indicator and only shows three levels of charge: green, yellow, red. I don't know why your shuffle is blinking in a wall charger, but I suggest you use the iPod Updater that came with it (or download it from www.apple.com/support ) and if that doesn't work take it to the Genius Bar at your local apple store.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:25 PM

Freshman Lounger

zip22 my front status light turns green when it is fully charged
Old 03-03-2005, 10:32 PM

Junior Lounger

Here's another update:
I got replacement charger from apple, BUT the exact same problem arises! It doesn't charge! Alas, I have decided to return the charger to apple and stick with the computer to charge my shuffle. I am very disappointed with that particular apple product! Maybe a cheapo third party charger will work instead!

Topic: For 12 hours and continuing: Blinks amber when plugged in wall charger!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.