Leatherman Shuffle Case w/Picture

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

djones18

Intrigued by you DIY'ers and your shuffle cases, I searched the tool shed for something to house my new iPod Shuffle. Here's my throw-together solution. Had to sacrifice an old leatherman tool carrier to this worthwhile cause. One hour to modify the case and it's almost a perfect fit for the Shuffle. Modified the inside bottom with bubble wrap and felt to build it up and cushion. Then put little round felt stickies on the inside (especially over the metal bits) for a secure non-scratch surface. Drilled a hole through the leather top for the headphone. Finally lined the inside front and back with cut-to-fit Swifter strips (to trap dirt, dust, and moisture). The little fella fits perfectly inside and the headphone plugs in with the case open or closed. I also can pause/play with the case closed using a gentle push on the front snap. Cost: 25 cents for materials and a well used Leatherman carrier. This will work till Leatherman builds a real iPod case. :)

Attachments

rjackal

Bubblewrap & Swiffers, nice. :) Now you got me thinking about my own leatherman case, or I also have a mini-maglight holster that has a belt loop on the back.. At least until some of those other shuffle clip vendors have product to sell, like dvforge, shufflemate or tunewear.

Keep on shufflin!

*nappyD

I am just goign to use my oakley sunglass bag...may not be that protective, but its going to be a lot better than unprotected in my pocket