Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: will i lose my music if i synch with my new pc?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-08-2011, 09:25 AM

Freshman Lounger

Talking will i lose my music if i synch with my new pc?

I have a 4th gen ipod shuffle and have my complete library of music stored on it. My old pc died and now i have bought a new one and downloaded itunes . Obviously my library was empty although i retrieved music i had bought from the itunes store. What i wanted to know is , if i sync my ipod on the new pc will all the other music be wiped off, meaning i would have to reload my ipod by laboriously downloading each dic of my cd collection, or would it all automatically transfer over to the library in the new pc? I apologise if this is a dumb question but i am an old dinosaur and would appreciate help from a more clued up user please!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:40 PM

Freshman Lounger

Yes. Well at least that's what happened when I had my touch 4g synced with 3 different computer.

bamf'ed tbolt overclocked 1.6ghz!!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:13 AM

Junior Lounger

Yeah you will, so don't sync new pc, unless your ipod is jailbroken. you can use a program to take out the music for you?
Old 12-12-2011, 02:04 PM

Freshman Lounger

I have this same question, except my problem comes from having Lion crash my iTunes stored on an external drive--I lost all of the music on the drive, and *don't* want to lose the music on my iPod, too. I know there are hacks and ways to jailbreak the iPod--is there a way legitimately endorsed by Apple that anyone knows? Or what's the best recommended hack?

Topic: will i lose my music if i synch with my new pc?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.