Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Ipod Reset Utility Flickers

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-25-2011, 08:25 PM

Freshman Lounger

Ipod Reset Utility Flickers

For the first time in nearly 3 years i got a vote of conidence today as i finaly was able to get the ipod reset utitily to allow me to hit reset but after it does it flickers off and back to the desktop...

im trying to fix this 2nd gen shuffle that i love and see if i can restore it softwareically so that i can use it while working out but everything has come up like it aint going to be...

wondering if anyone gets the flicker or if thats what its supposed to do.

TIA

Ipod:Shuffle 2nd Gen
Itunes:7

anything else would be wonderfull

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:41 PM

Pro Lounger

I use iPod shuffle Manager on my 2nd gen shuffles and it always works.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:54 PM

Freshman Lounger

ill try it and see if it works for mine to allow the ipod reset program fix the ipod and figure out why the computer cannot detect it...althoug as i learning im finding out that i might need a newer version of itunes
Old 05-28-2011, 12:35 AM

Senior Lounger

Does iTunes recognize the Shuffle? Just use the iTunes Restore option. How old is your iTunes? If you're using a version that doesn't have the Restore option, the you definitely need to update your iTunes. If you have it, then just plug in your Shuffle, click on the name of your Shuffle in iTunes on the left hand side, then click 'Settings' on the top center of page, then just click the 'Restore' button right under the 'Check for Update' button near the center of the page.

If iTunes & your computer doesn't detect it, does it have any lights? Do you get any message when you connect it?

Old 06-01-2011, 03:56 PM

Freshman Lounger

i have itunes 7.0 ill probably have to upgrate it to 9 or something.

wheni plug it in i see a green light for half a second...

dont know if that helps
Old 06-02-2011, 10:30 PM

Senior Lounger

I would definitely get the latest iTunes, then I would try a different usb port, like the back ones that are high power. As long as you can get iTunes to recognize the Shuffle, then you can try the 'Restore' option and hopefully it will work for you. If your getting lights for only half a second, try leaving the Shuffle connected to the computer for about an hour to make sure the battery charges just enough for iTunes to recognize it. If this still doesn't work, I would try a new cable, then another computer. If still nothing, then the battery may be bad. But try the newer iTunes, the different usb, charging longer, and the restore, hopefully that will do the trick.

Topic: Ipod Reset Utility Flickers

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.