Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: 4th-Gen Playing Same Five Songs Over and Over

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-13-2011, 03:33 PM

Freshman Lounger

4th-Gen Playing Same Five Songs Over and Over

I've had a 4th-gen shuffle for about a year now, and I like it for the simplicity. It's nowhere near full, with about 100 songs on it. A couple of days ago, it suddenly started playing the same five songs over and over again, with no warning. I do not have any playlists on the system, these five songs are not not in one specific folder that I know of, and if they are they're intermixed with others in that folder (each folder under the music section of the Ipod when I bring it up the computer has about 20 songs). I have no clue what's going on. Any ideas on how to fix it, or should I bring it somewhere?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:15 PM

Senior Lounger

EDIT: Wait, is yours a 4th? Cause the 4th haven't been out a year, they came out in September 2010. Do you have a 3rd Gen?

I have a 4th & it's doing the same thing. I just got 2 days ago though, so it's brand new. It's so cute! I loaded it with maybe 30 songs, took it to my car, then I realized it keeps repeating the same 4 or 5 songs while I was driving around. I haven't plugged it back into my computer to check to see what the problem is cause it's still in my car. But I plan to just restore and and start over since it only has about 30 songs and no Playlists right now.

If I see a definite factor that was the problem, I'll post it here.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:42 AM

Freshman Lounger

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post
I've had a 4th-gen shuffle for about a year now, and I like it for the simplicity. It's nowhere near full, with about 100 songs on it. A couple of days ago, it suddenly started playing the same five songs over and over again, with no warning. I do not have any playlists on the system, these five songs are not not in one specific folder that I know of, and if they are they're intermixed with others in that folder (each folder under the music section of the Ipod when I bring it up the computer has about 20 songs). I have no clue what's going on. Any ideas on how to fix it, or should I bring it somewhere?
Yes, it is a 4th-gen. I meant to say I got it last year, not a year ago. It seems a few people have had this problem, but I'm still waiting for a solution from other members here
Old 03-19-2011, 06:08 PM

Veteran Lounger

Restore it and re-sync your songs.

If you don't have a regular, good backup routine for your music and media you will eventually lose it all.
Hint: Using your iPod as your backup strategy is not a good plan.

Topic: 4th-Gen Playing Same Five Songs Over and Over

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.