Will 3rd generation iPOD shuffle headphone work on 1st generation ?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

eeeboy

I have a very old iPod, still working !

It was iPod shuffle, 512 MB with model name: a1112

You can take a look at the picture:

Now, the original headphone I got with this product is not functioning properly. So i was thinking of buying new one. Visiting the apple store and other places in internet, i just discovered that, this piece of headphone is totally obsoleted ! What I got is, a 3rd gen head phone with remote. You can see one of them here:

Mine old one was pretty simple with no remote function. So I don't expect the remote function to work. But my question is: will this headphone work on my 512 MB shuffle ? I just want the sound from headphone... no other additional functions !

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Have a good day and sorry for my bad english ;)

Sid32

They should. No remote functions of course. Any standard headphones will work with it..

paranoidxe

They'll work fine, the remote obviously won't work though.

Highly recommend updating from the stock buds though, especially since you've got the iPod that is considered to have the best sound quality out of all the iPods.

arjunsinghal

iPhone headphones won't work with 1st Gen iPod Shuffle

Glad to know that the iPod I own, has the best sound quality of all iPods. Unfortunately, the iPhone headphones which have the remote do not work with this iPod Shuffle. What I am thus using are Creative In-ear headphones (seen in picture) which provide great sound quality, and adequate bass response.

Would have posted an image, but unfortunately rules of this forum don't allow.

iphonerepairs1

They will work but remote will not fully compatible with 1st generation. It still can be used with these accesories but with limited function.