Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Will 3rd generation iPOD shuffle headphone work on 1st generation ?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-20-2010, 05:55 PM

Freshman Lounger

Will 3rd generation iPOD shuffle headphone work on 1st generation ?

I have a very old iPod, still working !

It was iPod shuffle, 512 MB with model name: a1112

You can take a look at the picture:

Now, the original headphone I got with this product is not functioning properly. So i was thinking of buying new one. Visiting the apple store and other places in internet, i just discovered that, this piece of headphone is totally obsoleted ! What I got is, a 3rd gen head phone with remote. You can see one of them here:

Mine old one was pretty simple with no remote function. So I don't expect the remote function to work. But my question is: will this headphone work on my 512 MB shuffle ? I just want the sound from headphone... no other additional functions !

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Have a good day and sorry for my bad english

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:05 PM

Pro Lounger

They should. No remote functions of course. Any standard headphones will work with it..
Old 07-03-2010, 07:48 PM

Veteran Lounger

They'll work fine, the remote obviously won't work though.

Highly recommend updating from the stock buds though, especially since you've got the iPod that is considered to have the best sound quality out of all the iPods.

iPod Shuffle [2GB/3G] -- iPod Video 240GB -- iPod Classic 120GB -- iPod Nano 16GB [4G] -- iPod Shuffle [2GB/2G] -- iPod Shuffle 4GB
Retired: 5G 60GB, 80GB, Classic 80GB, 2G Shuffle 1GB, iPod Touch 1G 16GB, 1G Nano, 2G Nano
Old 10-16-2012, 10:40 AM

Freshman Lounger

Unhappy iPhone headphones won't work with 1st Gen iPod Shuffle

Glad to know that the iPod I own, has the best sound quality of all iPods. Unfortunately, the iPhone headphones which have the remote do not work with this iPod Shuffle. What I am thus using are Creative In-ear headphones (seen in picture) which provide great sound quality, and adequate bass response.

Would have posted an image, but unfortunately rules of this forum don't allow.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:48 AM

Freshman Lounger

Will 3rd generation iPOD shuffle headphone work on 1st generation ?

They will work but remote will not fully compatible with 1st generation. It still can be used with these accesories but with limited function.

Topic: Will 3rd generation iPOD shuffle headphone work on 1st generation ?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.