Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: IPOD shuffle 2nd generation unable to turn on

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-12-2009, 02:18 AM

Freshman Lounger

IPOD shuffle 2nd generation unable to turn on

I see that my second generation IPOD shuffle is not turn on, green light doenot glow. I see that when connected to the computer, itunes detect the shuffle and I see constant amber light blinking on the device. When disonnected and turn on the device I don't see that the green light is on and I am unable to play any music.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:55 PM

Pro Lounger

Try doing a restore and use ipod shuffle manager instead of itunes.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:22 PM

Veteran Lounger

Using iTunes is not the root of your problem so while it's up to you what you use to manage your shuffle, the outright spam against iTunes when it comes to shuffles is a bit of personal bias acting as spam masquerading as advice.

On the other hand, yes, try a restore and if it still continues to behave like this consider that the most likely explanation is the battery can no longer hold sufficient charge.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:16 PM

Pro Lounger

I respect you, Code Monkey and the information you provide in your posts, but you should take a step back sometimes. I have been dedicated shuffle fan and user since it debut in white plastic. Itunes is liked by many people, but for a lot of shuffle users a 100 meg install is a bit of an overkill for the shuffle. Most of the people I know with shuffle have stopped using itunes to mange them, preferring to using one of many alternative. They like the drag and drop support, adding podcasts from any computer, and that many have found that the issue in question here goes away when they stop using itunes. I like ilounge a lot, but there are alternatives to itunes and to fix the problem posted above they might help.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:46 AM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid32 View Post
I respect you, Code Monkey and the information you provide in your posts, but you should take a step back sometimes.
Nope, not going to do it. A person has a problem, you suggest a fix that has nothing to do with their problem, merely your opinion that surely everybody would be better off without iTunes, well, they didn't ask for an alternative to iTunes, they asked for help with what is probably a hardware problem. You allowed your own personal bias to interfere with helping someone.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:02 PM

Pro Lounger

Already told him to do a restore. If that doesn't work then he should at least try other alternatives to fix his problems, and yes I have fixed a friends shuffle with a corrupt data base with ishuffle.

Topic: IPOD shuffle 2nd generation unable to turn on

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.