Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod Shuffle blinking red light while charging

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-21-2007, 12:30 AM

Freshman Lounger

iPod Shuffle blinking red light while charging

I have not been able to find any information about this.... while charging on the USB the iPod is blinking red. When I take it off the USB charger to turn it on, nothing happens... no lights. I've had it sitting on the charger now for almost 3 hours and it is still blinking red. Does this mean that my battery is super low or did something else bad happen?

I suppose I must have accidentally left on my iPod after I was done using it, however I've never done that before and am fairly certain that is not what happened. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:08 AM

Freshman Lounger

Ummmm now this is weird. I left my iPod on the charger ALL NIGHT to charge and when I woke up this morning it was still blinking red.

I just put my headphones on up to it.. and it plays music. But there is no indication light at all. When I flip it to on and click play, I can listen to all of my tracks but there is no Green light while it is playing. And when I stick it back on the charger it's still in the re d. So I guess my indication light is broken it seems.... while playing, yet it's still red while charging.

Last edited by adamlocked; 06-21-2007 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:03 AM

Freshman Lounger

I have had almost the same problem for a week now, and eagerly await a post from someone who knows what this means. Now I have a solid red light as the shuffle sits in the cradle, but is a blinking red light until I sync with iTunes. When I last tried, it played continuously for more than 10 hours, even though the light had been red when I ejected it. I think your guess must be right...a faulty light.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:38 AM

Freshman Lounger

Talking Same

I don't have an answer, just want to say I have the same problem....flashes red when I put on the dock, then after sync complete, no light at all...when I turn it on to play, no light at all, but plays as if it were fully charged (Many hours). Just wanted to say you are not alone, and if the light is the only problem, not actually a bad battery, I suppose I will live with it, but add something to this post, if you hear anything, thanks ,
Jenn
Old 04-27-2010, 01:21 PM

Freshman Lounger

anyone get information on this?

I am encountering the same problem. The shuffle plays music, but when charging, it just blinks red for hours.....12+
Old 05-22-2010, 06:53 PM

Freshman Lounger

I assume the green light is gone in that side

I've got the same issue.

I'm assuming the green light is gone on that side -- there must be no actual orange light, it just displays red and green together to make orange -- normally you see a flashing orange when charging, but if the green light has stopped working, only the red will show. so flashing red = flashing orange.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:58 PM

Freshman Lounger

I think it might mean that you need to replace the battery? Just a guess...I had that happen with my lap top and it turned out I needed to replace my battery. I may be completely wrong but I just wanted to throw in my two cents.

Topic: iPod Shuffle blinking red light while charging

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.