Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How do you keep headphones in while running?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 02-15-2007, 05:20 PM

Reclined Lounger

Question How do you keep headphones in while running?

My wife got me a Shuffle for the holidays. It is actually the 4th iPod product I've owned. I gave my old 5GB one to the wife, my 40GB one suffered a hdd crash, and I use an 80GB video one daily. But this is the first flash-based unit I've owned and the reason I wanted it was for running. I did a couple 5Ks last year and would like to move up to a 1/2 Marathon this year.

I've use the Shuffle a few times, but yesterday was the first time I've actually gone for a run since I got it. I had a real hard time keeping the supplied headphones in my ears while running.

Anyone have any advice?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:13 PM

GODZILLA!!!111oneone

Try getting some neckband headphones. That's what me and my brother use when running. We don't use this exact pair but this is the style:
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHS390...&s=electronics
Old 02-15-2007, 07:17 PM

Pro Lounger

I use a pair of Shure in-ear headphones. They might loosen up a little bit, but I've never had them fall out.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:05 PM

Freshman Lounger

u could get the sony ericsson ones they are short but they have earbuds that squeeze in your ears so they dont fall out plus they have excellent bass
Old 02-15-2007, 08:26 PM

Senior Lounger

For running, I've always used these headphones and have been very happy with them. I run outside in the winter, and these have the extra advantage of keeping my ears a little warmer.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-G57G-...&s=electronics

For all other times, I use in-ear headphones, but I've never had any luck keeping them in while running. The Apple headphones will barely stay in my ears while standing still
Old 02-15-2007, 10:02 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashabear
I use a pair of Shure in-ear headphones. They might loosen up a little bit, but I've never had them fall out.
How do you do it? I tried using my Shure e2c's while doing cardio and my ears get so sweaty that it becomes uncomfortable. I use regular headphones for working out. Never had a problem with the originals falling out while I was running.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:30 AM

Pro Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonfly
How do you do it? I tried using my Shure e2c's while doing cardio and my ears get so sweaty that it becomes uncomfortable. I use regular headphones for working out. Never had a problem with the originals falling out while I was running.
My ears are really small; the pack-in earbuds were always excruciatingly uncomfortable for me. I use the smallest rubber tips on the Shures, which keeps them very snug, and my head/ears just don't get that sweaty, even when working really hard.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:57 PM

Reclined Lounger

I'll try my Shure's I guess. Just hate to risk damaging them since they weren't cheap. Stinks that the Shuffle seems to be marketted towards use for this, but the headphones just fall out.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:00 AM

Pro Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpacker
I'll try my Shure's I guess. Just hate to risk damaging them since they weren't cheap. Stinks that the Shuffle seems to be marketted towards use for this, but the headphones just fall out.
Run the cables under your shirt. That way, if they fall out, they won't drag.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:02 AM

Junior Lounger

You could also try the KOSS Sparkplugs out.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:41 PM

Freshman Lounger

finally found a solution

I know what you mean about those earphones falling out... but I recently found a cheap way to fix that! My Dad told me about a product called BudFits and decided to give them a try. They were only 8.99 and just attach to the iPod earphones, and wrap over the ear to keep everything in place. I love it! Hope that helps.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:03 PM

Senior Lounger

I like the MDR-AS20J from Sony-as it hugs the ear making it a stable fit, and a clip for attaching to clothing. About $20-$30.

iPods:iPod shuffle 2nd gen, 3rd gen, iPod Touch 2nd gen, iPod 5th gen,nano 1st gen, nano 3rd gen,nano 5th gen
Speakers:Logitech mm50
Old 08-19-2008, 06:24 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
x2 I use the 210's
Old 08-19-2008, 06:24 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Run the cables under your shirt. That way, if they fall out, they won't drag.
Yup safest way to avoid breaking them.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:29 AM

Pro Lounger

But why stick to the supplied buds when they literally sound like crap? What I find that stay in my ears well and sound great are either the V-Moda Bass Frequencies or the Senns CX300s. Both can be found for less than $30.00 on Amazon.

iPod Touch 4G 64GB-iPod Classic 160GB - Cowon X7 160GB - iRiver H320

Topic: How do you keep headphones in while running?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.