Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Shuffle 2G flashing orange light...it just wont stop!! i cant take it anymore!!!!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-25-2006, 03:11 PM

Freshman Lounger

Lightbulb Shuffle 2G flashing orange light...it just wont stop!! i cant take it anymore!!!!!

hi everyone,

I just got a new shuffle for christmas but when i plug it in to my computer it just sits there and flashes, it doesn't come up in itunes or "my computer" (not even a beep) it just sits there flashing. the ports are working and the ipod works fine on my sisters computer(xp home sp2). i have tried the stuff on apples website but this did not help. I am running xp pro sp2 and i did have a nano that worked fine (untill someone stole it) i'm really confused.

any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-26-2006, 03:45 PM

Ipod Butcher

Location: Anchorage, AK, yes, in an igloo and yes it's always dark here

Maybe your computer is still looking for the Nano. Try uninstalling Itunes and reinstalling it. Don't just delete, uninstall it. Some computers and nanos/shuffles are peculiar like that. I know with my Ipods, I can load up my 20 or 40gb with no problem between different computers but, the Shuffle is a one computer beast. You may have to restore it since it loaded on your sisters computer.

You're doing the right thing by following Apples website BTW.. Well done.

My iPods:
• iPod Video [5G 40GB, 3 x 5G 30GB] • iPod mini [6GB] • iPod Photo [5G 60GB] •
•iPod [3G, 2 x 20GB] • iPod Original [1G 10GB] • iPod Nano [1G 2GB 4GB] • iPod Shuffle [1G 512MB]•
•iPod Junkyard •iPod Video [5G 60GB]• iPod Photo [4G 60GB] • iPod Mini [2g 3 x 4gb] • iPod [3G 10GB] •
• My name is Paul and I'm an Ipod Butcher •
Old 12-26-2006, 05:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

Flashing orange means its in Disk Mode.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:27 PM

Freshman Lounger

what does disk mode mean

Topic: Shuffle 2G flashing orange light...it just wont stop!! i cant take it anymore!!!!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.