weird shuffle problem. 1st gen

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

TurboXT

i gave my brother an iPod Shuffle that i had but didnt really need. there were some songs on it but i sent it to him like that. he got it and plugged it into his iMac G3, and the iPod charges but doesnt show up on his desktop or finder. he used the software disc that came in the box. although i have never had to use that with iTunes 7. any ideas on what hes needs to do to fix it?

thanks

TurboXT

well the ipod doesnt show up in iTunes. how can he restore w/out it?

HunterCU

I purchased a shuffle (1G) for my girlfriend's dad and he already has an iPod. Over the holiday I loaded the shuffle with a selection of music from his PC. He used the shuffle and it played the music fine. Then, today he attempted to connect the shuffle to the PC in order to change the songs. The shuffle would not show up in iTunes. It makes a "ping" noise when he plugs it into the USB port but it isnt being recognized and isnt showing up.

Since it isnt showing up in iTunes, can it still be restored? Do you think its the best option? Any reason that the shuffle wouldnt be recognized yet still "ping"? I'm not sure if he had it turned ON when he plugged it in or if the lights are turning on when he plugs it in? I'll try to get that info but does anyone have any suggestions?