New Shuffle Firmware Update

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Bulldog3777

Just got mine and immediately wants to do a firmware update. I hate to update when all SEEMS well. What does the new update do. If it ain't broke, don't mess with it is my saying.

chuckley

because since making the ipods they've updated the software. what do u expect them to do?? update them after theyve been made but before dispatch?? so re open packages e.t.c

what is so wrong in YOU updating it?? all u do is click a button...

if all SEEMS well go right ahead and use it as is... just when things go wrong dont come back complaining.

Bulldog3777

Ipod Firmware Update

There have been times with the Ipods and other electronics that once the update had been performed, the owner wished he had not and some wanted to revert back to the old firmware. Updates can cause more problems than they fix That's all I was trying to find out. I am sorry if I upset you.

Ohio Trekker

Your question was more than reasonable! I had read of a lot of folks with 1st Gen shuffles that were not functional, becoming functional, not sure if this was a iTunes update or a special program they released for 1st Gen shuffles.

My personal experience has been no problems with any of the firmware updates, and the only "problem" I have experienced is sluggish performance of iTunes v 7.0 when it first came out. It was still functional albeit a bit slow!!! Again my personal preference is to keep all my hardware and software as up to date as possible. After all, there are version releases for a reason!

ghostcarp

So does anyone know what the update is meant to fix??? Is there a list of fixes on the apple site?

I cant find anythin on what the update actually fixes??

Cheers for any help

:)

cxc273

Nittany Lion lounger
When I updated my 1G shuffle, the computer said the firmware was for some bug fixes and volume control, though I've noticed no difference in the shuffle's operation.

leicaman

How can you tell if your 2G Shuffle's firmware needs updating?

How can you tell if your 2G Shuffle's firmware needs updating?