2g shuffle and playlists

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

josh_b

A bit confused about the 2g shuffle uses playlists.

First, I assume playlists on the 2g shuffle are supported. Second, one loads them by dragging a normal playing (not smart, for this example) from the library to the shuffle.

I have no problem with getting songs on there, but once the shuffle is loaded up I can't seem to switch between playlists logically using the 3-quick-clicks on the play/pause button. Does it matter if the shuffle is set to normal mode or shuffle? When I hit the play/pause button 3 times it does go to a different song, though it isn't always what I loaded from a playlist. Is that how one cycles between playlists on the 2g shuffle?

I have also tried loading playlists by Autofilling from 2 or three different lists, still with the same issues.

Thank you.

dotJ

it's pretty!
Pressing the play button on a shuffle will not switch a playlist, it will take you to the first song of the playlist on the shuffle.

josh_b

To clarify, I pushed it three times quickly. Does that mean that there is not support for multiple playlists?

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
From what I have read in the manual of the shuffle there does not seem to be support to skip to the beginning of different playlists. Songs becoming one giant playlist once on the shuffle... that's my interpretation, but I may be wrong.

According to the manual pressing play three times in succession takes you to the first song of the playlist. Perhaps the fact that you say this is sometimes a different song might suggest that it does recognize when you are in a different playlist on the shuffle, but I can't find any reference in the manual (just a quick scan) on how to skip between different playlists on the shuffle.

That being said, from what I see, the shuffle is basically one very large playlist.

josh_b

The manual is indeed a bit ambiguous, especially when the suggest tips for podcasts / audiobooks. I believe you are correct, they are instead alluding to the "one playlist" hierarchy which requires you to manually order such tracks at the beginning of the list to make finding them easier, like when you go into shuffle mode.

Finally, some clarity. Anyone else want to take a gander at the multiple playlists possibility. I just want to find something definite.

archesdevil

You have to look at the name "shuffle". The shuffle is intended to be filled up with music and then left to play. I understand why people want to play audiobooks, podcasts, and there playlists. But if that is what you want to do, buy a nano. That is what the screen is for.
It's also cheaper, as you get 2GB for $149 as opposed to 1GB for $79.

I can tell you defiantly, you will not be-able to skip from playlist to playlist with your shuffle.

josh_b

I'm okay with that, really. I just find it odd how so many people really aren't sure about the playlist capabilities. The manual and relevant apple sites are ambiguous about this as well. I think what it ultimately boils down to was confusion on my part about the ability to load up the shuffle by dragging playlists on to it without finding anything to suggest that those playlists wouldn't be maintain.

Thank you.