headphone jack static needing quick fix - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: headphone jack static needing quick fix

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-28-2005, 02:12 AM

Freshman Lounger

headphone jack static needing quick fix

I've had my iPod Shuffle for somemonths now, and twacked my #####e pretty good somehow. I'm only getting sound outta one side, but with a hairband and some fierce jimmy-riggin' I'm able to work the sound to come out both siides (but not with the bundled earbuds). I can't fathom the idea of going without my goove for weeks pending the ship to & fro for fixing, so my question is: wha now? I twacked my #####e and am settling for jimmy-rigged sound out both sides, and am looking for alternate solutions to sending it in for repairs to fix the headphone jack, and wondering as to for what for the interium. Anyone, anywherez, please advise. MoFo holiday and shipping schedules are on the lag. Hard to imagine even one minute waiting for the bus without my grooves. Heo-P!!!!!

Do what you love, and you will find someone who loves the same thing. Don't look for love, beg for love, or suffer for love. Just Live.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:57 AM

Veteran Lounger

obviously i can't guarantee anything, but heres how it seems to be working for other people:

apple will fix it. go through this site. they mail you a box with a brand new shuffle in it. you put your old shuffle into the box and mail it back (postage is already paid) and keep the brand new shuffle.

or an easier way would be to walk into an apple store (there seem to be at least 2 in your city), describe the problem, and they'll probably have a new shuffle sitting on the counter before you finish talking.

Last edited by zip22; 11-28-2005 at 03:10 AM.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:56 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thank you. I will try that. I'll bring all the junk from the box it came in and the receipt and go to the store tomorrow. I greatly appreciate the advise. Thanks again! -Will

Do what you love, and you will find someone who loves the same thing. Don't look for love, beg for love, or suffer for love. Just Live.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:05 AM

Veteran Lounger

you probably dont even need all that stuff (but again, i'm not sure) maybe just a recipt, if you have it.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:50 AM

Freshman Lounger

I do have the receipt. I bought it 6/30/05. Should still be covered under the one year warranty. Like a stoopifpid fool I didn't get the AppleCare plan for it at the time thinking that I'd get it later, but still have not yet, but probably will now after such a thing. I'll let ch'alls know how it goes. I'll be taking care of this issue tomorrow.

Old 12-06-2005, 12:07 AM

Freshman Lounger

*Update* I went to the Apple Store dwntwn SF yesterday (Sun) and waited a good 30 min. at the "Genius Bar" and they were willing to spot me a "loaner" but were fresh out. I'm waiting for a call back from them to trade in my twacked iPod Shuffle for a "loaner" whiles they ship back mine to outerspace for repairs. They seemed nice, but the clerk I had got seemed a tad shady, but we'll see if they call me with the low-down for the "loaner" whiles they fix mine. I'll hit them back if they don't hit me up by Thurs. Going on a weekend vay-kay to Portland for the weekend, and would rather not look "lowly" with my "jimmy-rigged" for balnaced sound pod.

Thanks to "zip22" for the "walk into the store" info.

Topic: headphone jack static needing quick fix

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.