Shuffle to be discontinued? - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Shuffle to be discontinued?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 11-22-2005, 06:33 AM

Freshman Lounger

Shuffle to be discontinued?

I was woken up by my clock radio this morning, to half catch the words:

"And the head of iTunes said that he expects Apple's cheapest iPod, the Shuffle, to be discontinued."

Is there any word on this, or is it speculation, or was I just dreaming?

Thanks
Old 11-22-2005, 12:01 PM

Veteran Lounger

i haven't heard (and cant find) anything like that. was that the last they said about it?
Old 11-22-2005, 12:10 PM

Freshman Lounger

That was the last and only thing that I heard. Beginning to think I was half-dreaming now!
Old 11-22-2005, 12:15 PM

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''

Who's the head of iTunes ?

Click the image to open in full size.

Owner of 4G 60gb + 1gb ipod nano -

My Last.fm
Old 11-25-2005, 10:43 AM

Junior Lounger

Smaller Shuffles due next year,with probably the same size storage capacity as the Nanos have 2gb and 4gb.

=======
WIDGE......
Old 11-25-2005, 11:42 AM

Junior Lounger

Damn, I would of hoped for it to be dis continued, I really do not see the point in it, because I hate, and I expect a lot of other people do too, having to shuffle through songs, and when you have 500 songs on there - you'll want to find the one you want quickly!
Old 11-25-2005, 11:45 AM

Pro Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by widge
Smaller Shuffles due next year,with probably the same size storage capacity as the Nanos have 2gb and 4gb.
id say 1 and 2 gig just to keep the prices low (Or the same) unless they bump up the nanos also.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:20 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by richardharris
Damn, I would of hoped for it to be dis continued, I really do not see the point in it, because I hate, and I expect a lot of other people do too, having to shuffle through songs, and when you have 500 songs on there - you'll want to find the one you want quickly!
But thats the whole point of the Shuffle. Just switch it on and let it play your songs.
If you want to access a particular song quickly then you need to buy an iPod with playlists.

Next years Shuffles will be Half the length and depth but still with 512mb and 1gb.They are also contemplating a one line text screen although this is looking doubtful at the moment.

=======
WIDGE......
Old 11-25-2005, 02:30 PM

Senior Lounger

One advantage of the Shuffle is that is also serves as a portable usb flash drive. That's one of the reasons I bought mine.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:16 AM

shhhhhh Im here

I think Apple its gonna introduced a new shuffle with a small LCD screen. Sizes should be 1GB and 2GB for shuffle. Bump the nanos to 6 and 8GBs. and have the iPod with 30GBs and 80GBs

DEPORTES TOLIMA
BOCA JUNIORS
iPod linux and iPod wizard pictureswww.putfile.com/totetolima
4G 60GB color l 2G 6GB mini l U2 color l 3G 15GB l 5G 60 GB l 12' PowerBook G4 running OS X Tiger
Old 11-26-2005, 01:20 PM

Pro Lounger

well with the ful sized ipod if an 80 is introduced then the lower model would be 40 cuz the bigger model is uualy a double harddrive. Also an 8gig nano would prolly be 300 so id say theyd not change the nano prices and relese 4 and 6 gig.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:23 PM

Zap
Mac Zealot

Quote:
Originally posted by widge
Says Who> i heard the Small and Black or WHITE Shuffles but i bet you made up that 2gb and 4gb thing, or have terrible sources

1Gb iPod Shuffle
2gb iPod Nano Black
60Gb iPod 5G
Old 11-26-2005, 05:25 PM

Zap
Mac Zealot

Quote:
Originally posted by enjoisoad
well with the ful sized ipod if an 80 is introduced then the lower model would be 40 cuz the bigger model is uualy a double harddrive. Also an 8gig nano would prolly be 300 so id say theyd not change the nano prices and relese 4 and 6 gig.
the 40gb and 60gb iPod Photo

and Apple woudl not sell a 8gb for 300

1Gb iPod Shuffle
2gb iPod Nano Black
60Gb iPod 5G
Old 11-26-2005, 05:27 PM

Zap
Mac Zealot

Quote:
Originally posted by richardharris
do you have one? There is a market and Apple knows it so i doubt they plan to cancel it

1Gb iPod Shuffle
2gb iPod Nano Black
60Gb iPod 5G
Old 11-26-2005, 05:43 PM

Veteran Lounger

i didn't like shuffles all that much anyways. no screen, if they did make one with a screen then i may consider buying it other than that, i wouldn't.

30gb iPod photo- has been sent to my aunt. She loves it, and is very careful with it, as I've heard. Hopefully I can get it back when the battery dies or the hard drive fails.

30gb iPod video- just got it as of 12/13/05 YAY!!!

Topic: Shuffle to be discontinued?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.