Audible bookmarks - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Audible bookmarks

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-25-2005, 11:06 AM

Freshman Lounger

Audible bookmarks

Has anyone else had a problem with "drifting" bookmarks when listening to Audible content? If I pause a book and then turn it right back on, it picks up at the place I stopped it. But if I pause a book and let the Shuffle sit for a more lengthy period of time (say, an hour or more), the book will pick up about 3-5 minutes ahead of where I stopped it. What a pain . . .

Also, it sure would be great if the iPods supported chapter bookmarks.

Last edited by TEllett; 10-25-2005 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:23 PM

Freshman Lounger

I believe I too am experiencing a similiar problem as yours. Unfortunately, I do not have an answer.

I often use my shuffle for audio podcasts. The ones I listen to are broken down into segments ~15 minutes in length. Often at the end of Podcast A, Podcast B begins not at the start but a few minutes into the Podcast. In addition, as I try to find the start of Podcast B, I have also experienced where the Next/Prev functions don't bring me to the start of the next/previous podcast.

I have experimented with iTunes to see if I can reproduce the "error". I have found that if I play a podcast for a few minutes or advance it to a spot in the middle and then do a Next/Prev to land back at this podcast, I am returned to the point I left off and not the beginning. I do not know how to reset the pointer other than to drag the indicator back to the beginning.

At this point, I am wondering if this behavior is what I hear on the Shuffle.

I would very interested in hearing from others who are experiencing similiar situations.

Topic: Audible bookmarks

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.