Partial V1.1.2 Fix - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Partial V1.1.2 Fix

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-17-2005, 02:32 AM

Freshman Lounger

Exclamation Partial V1.1.2 Fix

Okay guys, here is what seems to be a partial (and hopefully temporary fix) for the V1.1.2 problem of not being able to transfer music to the shuffle:

Step 1: Disconnect from the internet, this is to prevent iTunes from connecting and installing V1.1.2 automatically for you.

Step 2: Uninstall iTunes, and any iPod Software (updaters, etc). To double check everything is gone do a search for anything named "iTunes" or "iPod" and delete it.

Step 3: Reboot your computer

Step 4: Take out your original iPod CD and put it in your disk drive and follow the steps to install iTunes and the Updater.

Step 5: Open up iTunes and load your library with everything you want to transfer to your iPod. Then close iTunes.

Step 6: Plug your iPod in and run the "iPod Updater 2005-02-22.exe" from your start menu (be sure to close down iTunes if it starts up). When you installed iTunes it installed this as well, under the "iPod" directory.

Step 7: Select the restore option.

Step 8: The restore will complete and will tell you the ipod is rebooting, just wait for a bit and it will show a screen notifying you that you now have V1.1 installed on your iPod. I restored twice to make doubly sure V1.1 was on there, it may be redundant but who knows wat works with these damn things. Close the Updater when finished.

Step 9 (this is where the partial bit comes in): Disconnect your iPod (properly by the remove hardware icon in your tray) and plug it back in, iTunes should start and ask you to name your iPod, do so. Then it will ask if you want iTunes to automatically load your iPod, make sure to say yes. After that music should be finally transferring to your shuffle (yay!).

Now I've tried to drag-and-drop additional files with no success so sadly I have to resort to the autofilling but at least new music can make it's way onto the shuffle.

I can't guarentee this will work for your shuffle and I cannot take responsibility for any problems that may come up with your shuffles.

Hope this helps you guys out!

Topic: Partial V1.1.2 Fix

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.