iPod shuffle software 1.1.2 released - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod shuffle software 1.1.2 released

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 09-23-2005, 12:19 AM

Pro Lounger

iPod shuffle software 1.1.2 released

The newest iPod software released today has iPod shuffle software 1.1.2. This update only contains "bug fixes for iPod shuffle", according to the download page. Posts on experiences with the update, and what improvements (or problems) occurred are welcome.

iPhone 4GB
+ iPod mini 2G 4GB + Shure E2c

Last edited by jonnny; 09-23-2005 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:24 AM

Veteran Lounger

whats a complete list of things that could be fixed? i'll start, feel free to add

-starts at the middle of the wrong song (i think someone narrowed it down to playing in shuffle mode, turning it off and then starting it in straight mode made it play in the wrong spot, or something like that)

-lock up, that requires a restart

-support for other aac encoded songs
Old 09-23-2005, 09:33 AM

Junior Lounger

Not sure about bug fixes, but the update adds support for Sound Check for the shuffle (as long as you are using iTunes 5.x... the Sound Check option does not appear in 4.9)

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:05 AM

Apple Bites

bookmarking fixed???

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:41 PM

Senior Lounger

Support for the new song lyrics feature in iTunes 5... ;-)

Click the image to open in full size.

5G iPod 30GB White | 1G iPod mini 4GB Silver | iPod shuffle 512MB | Mac mini 1.25GHz 512MB
Old 09-23-2005, 09:16 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by MagicRabbits
Support for the new song lyrics feature in iTunes 5... ;-)
Quite a difficult task without a screen, but the iPod shuffle has something even better: it will sing the lyrics to you!

I'm also hoping it helps with the issue of bookmarks sometimes being lost or shifted in audiobooks. Going to try it out soon.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:48 AM

Freshman Lounger

Have u guys got any problem running shuffle from itunes 5? I can't get it working. Although it's updated with 1.1.2 software. I'm using xp pro sp2 and currently running the old itunes (from the CD).
Old 09-24-2005, 04:11 AM

Senior Lounger

I have updated to FW 1.1.2 and now i get erratic behaviour from the Battery meter. I push it several times and it goes : yellow, yellow, green, green, yellow, green. Well, not always like this. It has other patterns too. This is weird cause it never used to do this prior to the update. WTF happened?
Does anyone else have this bug?

DAP : iPod Shuffle

----------------------------------

Headphones: Apple whites, Senn PMX200, Senn HD212Pro
Old 09-24-2005, 08:01 AM

Pro Lounger

Bellor, I've been enjoying that bug for some time without needing the upgrade to achieve it. From what I can tell, it's totally inconsequential -- everything seems to be working properly except for the erratic lights. (I got my shuffle a couple of weeks after they came out.)
Old 09-24-2005, 08:17 AM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by wyneken
Bellor, I've been enjoying that bug for some time without needing the upgrade to achieve it. From what I can tell, it's totally inconsequential -- everything seems to be working properly except for the erratic lights. (I got my shuffle a couple of weeks after they came out.)
But does it stop you from knowing what charge the Shuffle still has? I mean... when the light should be yellow, does it stay yellow no matter how many times you press the button?
Old 09-24-2005, 08:46 AM

Freshman Lounger

Windows 2000 problems

I got my shuffle upgraded to 1.1.2 on my Mac without any problems, but the update seems to be incompatible with Windows 2000-every time I tried to add songs to the playlist in iTunes 5.01 on my PC running Windows 2000 SP4, I got several dialogs from Windows saying it was unable to write data to the H: drive (my iPod) then finally a dialog from iTunes saying the files could not be written. Reverting the iPod software to 1.1 on the PC seemed to fix everything.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:47 PM

Junior Lounger

does the ipod shuffle's battery light status not being real count as a bug fix? i know that its not the LED's problem as it is amber when charging.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:21 PM

Freshman Lounger

My two pet Shuffle peeves:

1) The well known play/pause resume bug (resumes to the correct time but the wrong song if started in 'shuffle' mode).

2) The last couple of seconds of many of my mp3s get cut off.

Can anyone confirm that either of these have been resolved with this 1.1.2 firmware?

I have dial-up, so I'm not going to waste my time downloading a 48MB update if Apple have ignored the many requests to fix blatant bug #1 above (that, by the way, they claimed wasn't even a bug)...

As a side note, wouldn't it be great if Apple:

a) Allowed people to download the firmware update for only their iPod model instead of forcing them to download the update for every single model, and
b) Actually listed all the bugs that had been fixed in a particular update, instead of just saying "bugfixes"...

Anyway, can someone confirm #1 is fixed?

Ash
Old 09-25-2005, 02:07 AM

Veteran Lounger

no, 1) is not fixed

i have not heard of your second problem, though. the songs play fine on the computer?
Old 09-25-2005, 06:10 PM

dnd
Senior Lounger

Re: Windows 2000 problems

Quote:
Originally posted by wjbh
I got my shuffle upgraded to 1.1.2 on my Mac without any problems, but the update seems to be incompatible with Windows 2000-every time I tried to add songs to the playlist in iTunes 5.01 on my PC running Windows 2000 SP4, I got several dialogs from Windows saying it was unable to write data to the H: drive (my iPod) then finally a dialog from iTunes saying the files could not be written. Reverting the iPod software to 1.1 on the PC seemed to fix everything.
1.1.2 is OK with W2K SP4 - I've just flashed my Shuffle no problems using that OS

1GB 1st gen Shuffle/ER-4P headphones

Topic: iPod shuffle software 1.1.2 released

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.