Outdoor earmuffs - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Outdoor earmuffs

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-20-2005, 12:55 AM

Freshman Lounger

Outdoor earmuffs

Does anyone know if these headsets, used more often in and industrial setting, with an internal set of speakers, can connect to a shuffle? I use my shuffle while cutting grass for about 3 hours at a time, so i need a pair that can take a certain amount of abuse. The ear buds work ok, but i need to drive the volume so loud i'm gonna kill my ears!! Thanks!
Old 09-20-2005, 01:50 AM

Veteran Lounger

i have no idea what your price range is, but i would seriously look at the etymotic er-6 or er-6i. they are like ear plugs with AMAZING sound. they are almost always rated as having the best isolation and great audio. shure in ear monitors have a similar design, a bit less isolation, but more fit options (different tips). if you can spare the ~$75 (i think) it would be an excellent investment. not only will you get the isolation you need, but the sound quality will take a huge step up from anything else you were looking at.

read some good, short reviews here

http://www.headphone.com/products/he...n-ear-monitor/

look for deals elsewhere.

edit: i used these to mow the lawn, travel in an airplane, and to pick the driving range where i worked. i never had to adjust the volume. it never had to be set high at all. i'd say its at a medium-low level. its really really amazing and i'm sure my ears will thank me later in life for not blowing them to hell.

Last edited by zip22; 09-20-2005 at 01:53 AM.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:49 AM

Junior Lounger

I've got E2C's and E5C's and they are AWESOME!!!! A bit of a shame about the price, but hey, you get what you pay for.

I had a custom earmold made for my E5s, so they fit really well. Visit an audiologist to get ones made.

Players: Headphones:
- iRiver H320 (modified) - Ultimate Ears UE-10
- iPod Nano 3G 8GB Black - Sennheiser HD 650 + PX200
- Sony Walkman NW-HD3 - Shure E2C + E5C
- iRiver X20 2GB
Old 09-24-2005, 06:03 PM

Junior Lounger

If your mowing lawns and want something that takes a beating try some sony over ears from wal-mart or some place similar.

I got the black ones that go over the ear like DJ headsets and they sound really good. Not no $75 or higher price. They are $20 and thats at the most. If your spending more then $50 your spending too much when the iPod is sup par at producing sound and really nice ear phones are wasted. But if you wanna get some custom molded BS and spend tons go for the other ones.

I cant see spending that much on ear phones because I have - bills and dont live with stuff in my ears.

Sony $20 and if you mulch those things then its just another $20.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:48 AM

Junior Lounger

well, i also have an 2 irivers, so that kinda justifies getting expensive headphones...

Players: Headphones:
- iRiver H320 (modified) - Ultimate Ears UE-10
- iPod Nano 3G 8GB Black - Sennheiser HD 650 + PX200
- Sony Walkman NW-HD3 - Shure E2C + E5C
- iRiver X20 2GB

Topic: Outdoor earmuffs

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.