I Need Advice

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

when 4ever ends

Cartel-Chroma Owns Me
Website
www.xanga.com
Okay so, im thinking of getting a shuffle or maby a nano. but i cant figure out what one to get. Im going to be doing mostly snowboarding and outdoor activities so i thought the shuffle would be a good idea because if i attempt to do something very stupid on my snowboard (which i do often) it wont break becaues of there being no screen and all. also snowboarding+hotday= water. and the last thing i want on my ipod is the screen getting damaged.

this is wherei run into the problem..

snowboarding season is only 3 or 4 months and the only reason im considering a shuffle is becaue of the winter and it being cold and i do a lot of hiking, biking etc probally more then i do snowboarding.. and i would rather have soemthing that can display photos. (espically because my ipod 20gig 4g is only a black and white)

... what do you guys think is a better would be the best decision for me.

zip22

if you get the shuffle wet, it will die just like the nano. also, the nano is pretty solid. there was a review recently where they pretty much did everything they could until it finally died.

since you want the pictures, i would go with the nano.

mrdantownsend

mrdantownsend
Website
www.freewebs.com
If you're gonna go snowboarding, Whereabouts?

If you're going in a place where the snow melts late in the day and gets your jacket all wet, then don't bring any iPod because that's just dumb.

I am 14 and have been skiing for 10 years and personally i find that music is very distracting. Don't you just like the nature?

And 3rd, if you fall on jumps n stuff like i do then you'd probably go with the shuffle. Even though the nano is durable it still has a screen.

And plus the shuffle is amazing.

DT

d-bear

there's a promotion on ebay with 512 Shuffles right now...in the end, i only paid 19$ for a 512 Shuffle...brand new, in box.

zip22

scammy mcScamerson i think. or was it mr IwantAlotOfSpam

when 4ever ends

Cartel-Chroma Owns Me
Website
www.xanga.com
mrdantownsend said:
If you're gonna go snowboarding, Whereabouts?

If you're going in a place where the snow melts late in the day and gets your jacket all wet, then don't bring any iPod because that's just dumb.

I am 14 and have been skiing for 10 years and personally i find that music is very distracting. Don't you just like the nature?

And 3rd, if you fall on jumps n stuff like i do then you'd probably go with the shuffle. Even though the nano is durable it still has a screen.

And plus the shuffle is amazing.

DT
oh wow, your from jersey too? i go to shawnee up in PA. nothing great but its alright. i enjoy nature a lot actually.. but there are times where i want to be listing to music :)

thanks for the advice.. im still sure on what i should get. im leaning more toward the nano right now (2gb) but if i can get the shuffle for 20 bucks or cheaper then 100 , then ill get the shuffle.

thanks for the advice guys.

jpodmini

personally i wud go 4 da shuffle as your'e not gonna b lookin at pictures while u snowboard. i personally dont snowboard but i bike and i find i neva look at this shuffle. ur probs just gonna keep it in ur pocket and the shuffle is easy to operate AND if u bought the nano you would have to take it out, get it wet, change the song, by lookin and scrolling while on the shuffle u press one button so i wud go shuffle all the way

when 4ever ends

Cartel-Chroma Owns Me
Website
www.xanga.com
jpodmini said:
personally i wud go 4 da shuffle as your'e not gonna b lookin at pictures while u snowboard. i personally dont snowboard but i bike and i find i neva look at this shuffle. ur probs just gonna keep it in ur pocket and the shuffle is easy to operate AND if u bought the nano you would have to take it out, get it wet, change the song, by lookin and scrolling while on the shuffle u press one button so i wud go shuffle all the way
yeah but like i said before, snowboarding is a small season and i bike way more then i snowboard. im a little worried about this nano screen cracking thing though..

thank you to all of you that have posted in here right now i have enough for a shuffle but right now im still leaning towards the nano because of snowboarding being a shorter season then other things i do and i would rather a display for the other things that i do.

m4x pow3r

I have a shuffle and I bought my daughter a white nano. The shuffle is tuff while the nano has to be treated with care. There's no way I would go biking or snowboarding with a nano in my pocket. That thing would be trashed on you're 1st wipeout or so scratched up you couldn't read the display..

rachelm

I kitesurf with a Shuffle in a strong clear plastic bag containing a litle silica gel and sealed with tape and a silicon caulk around the headphone lead. It goes inside my rast vest and has no water related problems yet.

----------------------------------------------------------
Carat, cut, colour, clarity