Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Can the ipod shuffle repeat one song?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 08-04-2005, 12:06 AM

Freshman Lounger

Can the ipod shuffle repeat one song?

Can an ipod shuffle repeat a song? If so how?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 08-04-2005, 12:35 AM

Veteran Lounger

a) only put one song on

b) press << after the song you like is over
Old 08-07-2005, 11:19 AM

Power Lounger

c) fill it with the same song

3rd Gen 15gb | Shuffle 1gb | iPod Classic 80gb |
PowerMac G4 933mhz | PowerMac Single G5 1.8ghz | MacBook 2.0ghz |
Old 02-15-2008, 11:29 AM

Freshman Lounger

The world is full of comedians. Unfortunately these two are probably unemployed comedians. I have the same question - thinking there must be some sort of hot key combo that replays the same song.

If you find it let me know! Otherwise we'll just have to follow suggestion number 2
Old 02-15-2008, 05:50 PM

Veteran Lounger

there is no function on the shuffle that repeats the same song over and over again..don't see whats so hard about pressing the back button after the song is over.

iPod Shuffle [2GB/3G] -- iPod Video 240GB -- iPod Classic 120GB -- iPod Nano 16GB [4G] -- iPod Shuffle [2GB/2G] -- iPod Shuffle 4GB
Retired: 5G 60GB, 80GB, Classic 80GB, 2G Shuffle 1GB, iPod Touch 1G 16GB, 1G Nano, 2G Nano
Old 02-15-2008, 07:36 PM

Blue since the 70's

Why would you want to repeat a song over and over and over tho? wouldnt you get sick of it in just an hour of doing that or less?. Maybe thats just me.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:17 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidxe
there is no function on the shuffle that repeats the same song over and over again..don't see whats so hard about pressing the back button after the song is over.
You're wrong paranoidxe.

Here's the solution to your serious question robertes64:

Once you have your playlist displayed start the first song. Tap on the album art and the Playhead will appear. The Playhead tells you how much time the song is in minutes:seconds; elasped time on left, remaining time on right.

On the left side of the Playhead is the Repeat icon (it looks like a race track). Tap it to make a selection.

Black=repeat one song
Blue=repeat all songs
Blue with black head=set to repeat current song
Black and white=not set to repeat songs

On the right side is the shuffle incon (it looks like two crossed lines with arrows to the right). Tap it to make a selection.

Black=play songs in order
Blue=shuffle
Black and white=set to play songs in order
Old 02-27-2008, 11:27 AM

Blue since the 70's

Yes, we are all aware of the existance of the Shuffle and Repeat buttons in iTunes, but the original poster was asking how to repeat a song in the iPod over and over, and those buttons dont transfer to the iPod as far as I know.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:50 PM

Freshman Lounger

Lightbulb with looping function, it'd be my perfect MP3 player

I have been always wondering and hoping that by asking this question online
"how to repeat a song with iPod Shuffle?"
I would learn a special combination of control, like those we are so used to with a PC, to turn the "repeat" on.
But I have been postponing this search, until now.
What a disappointment!
Following this thread, I could not help to register myself in order to write this.
I think somehow Apple engineer(s) has made a poor design decision, probably based on the following common assumptions as voiced by other reviewers
1. "don't see whats so hard about pressing the back button after the song is over. "
2. "Why would you want to repeat a song over and over and over tho? wouldnt you get sick of it in just an hour of doing that or less?"
But forgetting the following
3. a tool is a tool to be used by different users in many different ways, some of the basic functions are just too important to ignore based on the assumption of a limited usage; and
4. what about when someone needs to listen to an one half hour lecture for more than once while jogging?
Hope one of those Apple engineers may read this.
Cheer!
--- Chang
Old 07-23-2010, 05:42 AM

Freshman Lounger

I agree with the above commentator

I repeat voice notes in memorizing the Quran. So I do have a solution with the shuffle. It is not a hardware solution, unfortunately but rather a work around that works great with some prep.

Make a playlist, put only the track you want to loop on the playlist. That's it. The shuffle will automatically loop a playlist.

After a while u may have a lot of playlists so here's a trick I stumbled upon to navigate through them faster with voice over.

Press and hold center button till you hear the tone. This will cycle through you playlist names. Instead of listening to the whole name you can use the up and down volume arrows to skip to the next voice prompt. Now I can surf through 20 different playlist names in about 25 seconds.

I used to wait for the whole name to complete, plus if you accidentally pass the playlist you can go back using the opposing volume button.

Hope this helps.

PS. You can also use the above trick on tracks, just don't wait for the tone(that would take you to playlist selection instead of track selection, as indicated above)
Old 02-20-2011, 12:47 AM

Freshman Lounger

Check the settings of it. You can see the repeat once.

Topic: Can the ipod shuffle repeat one song?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.