songs skip when iPod not plugged in. What's going on?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Dashinator

NEED HELP with iPod problem! I can play songs perfectly fine on iTunes and when my iPod is connected to my computer. However, a lot of songs just skip completely when my iPod stands alone. What's going on?

Neverfa11ing

The songs skip on iTunes or the iPod. I'm assuming the iPod but can you give me more information on if this is even an iPod Nano and if so what Generation.

cjmnews

Staff member
One of three things I can think of.

1. Bad copy of the song in the iPod. Occasionally a sync goes bad and songs are corrupted as they copied to the iPod. Remove the songs from the iPod and put them back on.

2. Songs are marked Skip On Shuffle and you are using Shuffle turned on with the iPod and not with iTunes.

3. Song encoding is PC specific and not iPod compatible (MP4 video format on an audio only iPod). You can find the song in your iTunes Library, right click it and choose Create AAC Version (if your import settings are set to iTunes format) or Create MP3 Version (if your import settings are set to MP3 format) to get a version that is iPod compatible. Remove the old version of the song from the iPod and put the new one on.