Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: songs skip when iPod not plugged in. What's going on?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-04-2013, 02:28 PM

Freshman Lounger

songs skip when iPod not plugged in. What's going on?

NEED HELP with iPod problem! I can play songs perfectly fine on iTunes and when my iPod is connected to my computer. However, a lot of songs just skip completely when my iPod stands alone. What's going on?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:38 AM

Junior Lounger

The songs skip on iTunes or the iPod. I'm assuming the iPod but can you give me more information on if this is even an iPod Nano and if so what Generation.

-Neverfa11ing (iPod Hacker/Fixer)
Old 01-05-2013, 11:19 AM

One of three things I can think of.

1. Bad copy of the song in the iPod. Occasionally a sync goes bad and songs are corrupted as they copied to the iPod. Remove the songs from the iPod and put them back on.

2. Songs are marked Skip On Shuffle and you are using Shuffle turned on with the iPod and not with iTunes.

3. Song encoding is PC specific and not iPod compatible (MP4 video format on an audio only iPod). You can find the song in your iTunes Library, right click it and choose Create AAC Version (if your import settings are set to iTunes format) or Create MP3 Version (if your import settings are set to MP3 format) to get a version that is iPod compatible. Remove the old version of the song from the iPod and put the new one on.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: songs skip when iPod not plugged in. What's going on?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.