Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: keeps switching off

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-18-2012, 04:28 AM

Freshman Lounger

keeps switching off

I was bought iPod nano 6 th gen for my birthday. I have managed to load music on it but can't play a complete track. Once the screen goes dim, the nao continues to play but within a minute or so the screen goes black and the nano switches off. I am yet to listen to a complete track.what am I doing wrong? Also I can't pick up radio at all

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:07 AM

Veteran Lounger

Ensure the headphone jack is fully inserted. If not fully seated the iPod doesn't fully recognize they are connected and sleeps the iPod when the display dims. The headphone jack can be pretty stiff on a new iPod which does loosen up over time. The headphone jack should be fully seated with no metal showing.

Read the Apple Support Document - iPod nano (6th generation): Music stops when display turns off for more info and photos of a fully seated headphone jack.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac

Topic: keeps switching off

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.