unable to locate/delete podcasts?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ace67

While cleaning out my iPod to make space available for new stuff I have come across an odd problem.

I created a smart playlist (which I named "Leftover Crap") using the rules "playlist is not" and listing all the playlists I wanted to keep on my iPod, then deleting the songs from that "Leftover Crap" smart list from my iPod's "Music."
Yet there remain 49 podcasts on "Leftover Crap" that I can not locate to delete. They do not appear under the "Podcast" category and I can't find them when I search for them by title in "Music" either.

How do I find the "source location" (for lack of a better term) of these files on my iPod in order to delete them?

I have looked through the Ask iLounge topics and on other website and haven't seen this addressed.

I manage my iPod manually and don't sync podcasts.

Sparkee

This is one of the quirky things that makes iPods better managed when set to auto sync. If set to auto sync to selected playlists you can manage an iPod by adding and removing items to a playlist or a group of playlists. All the benefits of being manually managed with the benefits of auto sync.

Podcasts will not show up properly in the Podcasts sections on some iPods if they are not set to auto sync. As you found you can use playlists on the iPod to find them using iTunes. Then select the podcasts you want to delete in the playlist and hold down the Option + Command + Delete buttons at the same time (on a Mac) or Option + Control + Delete (on a PC). You should be prompted as to if you want to remove the podcast from the iPod as well as the playlist.