Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Moving mp3s to a PC

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-11-2012, 05:32 PM

Freshman Lounger

Moving mp3s to a PC

I want to listen to music on my Kindle. To do so, I need to copy them from PC to Kindle.

How can I copy -- not move -- some mp3s from my Nano to my PC?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:57 PM

Power Lounger

From the Help! > Tutorials menu at the top of iLounge:
Copying Content from your iPod to your Computer - The Definitive Guide | iLounge Article

Win7/26392 songs/2516 Artists/2520 Albums -- 160Gb Classic/2G ATV
What's so great about the Barrier Reef? What's so fine about Art?
What's so good about a Good Times Van? When you're workin' on a broken. working on a broken,
Workin' on a broken man
Old 04-11-2012, 07:02 PM

Freshman Lounger

Ok, read through 2 pages and am just confused! I open iTunes but "transfer..." is grey so I can't choose it. Not that I want to transfer, just copy.

I want to copy from iTunes to my PC. Let's leave the iPod out of it if I can. How can I COPY what is in my iTunes library (actually just part, not all 200+ songs) to my PC?

(sorry)
Old 04-11-2012, 09:14 PM

Umm... Unless your iTunes library is located on an external hard drive, everything in there is on your computer. That is how iTunes works as it cannot playback files or sync them to your iPod without your mp3s actually being in your computer. So you will have to help us to help you as you haven't been clear about what you want to do. Do you want to copy the songs off of your iPod nano as originally stated or do you want to copy the songs in your iTunes library to a different location (as you said in your second post)? You have been linked to the first option of copying songs off of your iPod nano to your computer. The guide actually lists multiple ways of doing this and the iTunes Transfer method only works for purchased iTunes Store content (as clearly stated in the guide). There are links to programs in that guide that can copy all of the music off of your iPod nano.

The topic of copying content off of an iDevice has been discussed ad nauseum so you can either read the iLounge guide again, search the forums, or conduct a 5 second Google search of you are still having issues.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 04-12-2012, 07:19 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornchild2002 View Post
Umm... Unless your iTunes library is located on an external hard drive, everything in there is on your computer. That is how iTunes works as it cannot playback files or sync them to your iPod without your mp3s actually being in your computer. So you will have to help us to help you as you haven't been clear about what you want to do. Do you want to copy the songs off of your iPod nano as originally stated or do you want to copy the songs in your iTunes library to a different location (as you said in your second post)? You have been linked to the first option of copying songs off of your iPod nano to your computer. The guide actually lists multiple ways of doing this and the iTunes Transfer method only works for purchased iTunes Store content (as clearly stated in the guide). There are links to programs in that guide that can copy all of the music off of your iPod nano.

The topic of copying content off of an iDevice has been discussed ad nauseum so you can either read the iLounge guide again, search the forums, or conduct a 5 second Google search of you are still having issues.
I read the link provided and it confused me. Initially I wanted to copy from the Nano but then realized I could copy from iTunes.

3 years ago I suffered a life-changing illness and when I came out of my coma, lost memory and suffered some brain issues. My ability to follow complicated directions is nil. 3 years ago I could build computers as well as hand-code my 150+ websites. It is humbling to have to ask for help. I thought, from my Google search, I could acquire help here.

Since you've made it QUITE clear I should not bother you here with my issues and should use a search engine, I will find another source where the people are helpful, friendly, and don't suggest you look elsewhere.

Off to blog...
Old 04-12-2012, 08:40 PM

Well, the answers have already been laid out in an understandable manner. All I did was ask for clarification as to exactly what you wanted to do. One topic has literally been discussed to death. Hence why I told you about the alternate information sources. I am sorry but someone is not going to post instructions all over again for copying content off of an iPod when thousands of others have already done so. iLounge's guide is really comprehensive and covers everything too. So you have multiple sources of information, I was simply pointing them out.

I never told you to go away, I never told you that you are an idiot, and I never told you to #### off. People on the forums generally know very little information about others when they come here asking for help. How were we to know that you [supposedly] suffered from this issue? Instead you received the same level of replies as everyone else whether they are an 8 year old kid, 24 year old college student, or an 80 year old grandparent. You can either continue to seek help here (which you can find if you specify what you want to do and what about the article you didn't understand) or storm off like a kid in protest of something that no one said or even implied.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)

Topic: Moving mp3s to a PC

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.