Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Big Nano4G Problem - PLEASE HELP!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-01-2012, 12:59 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question Big Nano4G Problem - PLEASE HELP!

Hello all you good people!

My nano4G has been working flawlesly for the past couple of years now and, as can be expected, I have grown very much dependent on it for my daily music fix. That is until I bought a new computer (Asus P8Z68Pro motherboard with Intel i5-2500K cpu and windows7 as the OS); now my precious nano suddenly refuses to appear in the win explorer of my new computer. Strangely, it still works perfectly fine with all the other computers I have tried at home (windowsXP, Vista and even win7).

Needles to say, I've pretty much tried everything I could find on the internet that could possibly help me (fully charged battery, reset dozens of times, tried disk mode, latest version of iTunes installed, tried changing the drive letter of one of my disk drives to something other than "E:", have updated and even restored the nano with iTunes on a seperate computer...).

Whenever I plug it in, there is a sound indicating connection and the "Connected" screen is visible on the nano yet nothing appears in explorer/iTunes.
Under Device Manager I can see the following listings (my nano is the only Apple device that I own):
- "Apple iPod USB Device" (under "Disk drives")
- "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" (under "Universal Serial Bus controllers")
- "Uknown device" (under "Other devices")
I am assumeing the "Unknown device" is part of this problem since everything else on my computer works fine. I've tried disabling individual entries with no improvement.

I've tried googling this problem several times with no usable results. Can someone please help me?!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:20 PM

Apple has a page to help you: iPod not recognized in 'My Computer' and in iTunes for Windows

Looks like you need to read through Step 9. Click on the triangles to open the sub-sections. I think you want to do the "unknown device" section.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: Big Nano4G Problem - PLEASE HELP!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.