Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod keeps ejecting problem

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-03-2012, 01:56 PM

Freshman Lounger

iPod keeps ejecting problem

I know there are a lot of threads about this problem, but all the solutions postet were like: "recover the ipod from iTunes", "enable disk mode".
Well, at me it is enabled the disk mode, and I can't recover it because it doesn't stay connected more that 3 seconds.
I entered in the diagnostic menu; the charge power is ~20-40 mA. Too low, right?
I plugged it in another computer and it worked fine.

My ipod is Nano 5g.

Thanks!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:55 AM

One of the more obscure reasons for this is that the iPod is using the same drive letter as another drive.
Windows confuses iPod with network drive or hard drive and may keep iPod from mounting or songs may seem to disappear

Other connectivity issue solutions (iPod not recognized properly) are found here: iPod not recognized in 'My Computer' and in iTunes for Windows

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 01-05-2012, 11:41 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for the reply, but didn't work for me.
I tried to recover it from iTunes while it was not ejected, but it all ended up with an error, so I cannot use it anymore.
I think I'm going to recover it again from another computer and sell it.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:07 PM

Since as you say, the iPod works fine in a different computer, then the problem is not the iPod, but your computer.

You'll need to fix your computer eventually.

You should probably look at that second link a little closer.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 01-07-2012, 12:11 AM

Junior Lounger

The most common problems are 1) Connecting it to a hub (somehow it doesn't get enough power) or 2) Using a generic USB cable instead of the one supplied. Sometimes that causes conflicts. Are you on either of those cases?

Topic: iPod keeps ejecting problem

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.