lossless compressed to dvd burn bkup

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

hueydude

Greeting iLounge collective,
I have been competely underwelmed with the audio quality on my 6g nano.I import from cd on the highest settings mp3/4.While I fiddle with different workarounds, I would like to be able to begin each experiment with a pure source. Is ther a way to encode from my cd,save it lossless,and save on dvd disc in audio codec?Will it take many dscs? Thanx guys,:confused:

S2_Mac

I have been competely underwelmed with the audio quality on my 6g nano.

In your experimentation, remember to test all variables. Like, if you're listening to the Nano on earbuds, check out a better pair of 'buds (or perhaps just any other 'buds, in case yours are blown ;-). If you're listening to the Nano through a stereo system, don't expect too much. Least desirable connection is through the headphone jack; using the Dock connector is better (but still not all that hot); if you can get a "digital dock" you'll get the best the Nano can offer.

Is ther a way to encode from my cd,save it lossless,and save on dvd disc in audio codec?

Sure. Rip CDs to Apple Lossless, for file sizes of around 6MB per minute to 7.5MB per minute (the bitrate adjusts to the complexity of the music). Or rip to AIFF, for file sizes of around 10MB per minute. Not sure what you mean by "save on DVD disc in audio codec".... If you mean burning an Audio DVD (aka DVD-A) that will play back in a DVD player, you'll need extra software to make it happen; Google can point you in the right direction. Check your DVD player first, to make sure it can play back homemade DVD-A discs. (Avoid solutions that simply package your audio for inclusion in a video DVD's ViIDEO_TS folder; the audio will be lossily compressed.) If you just want to store the ripped files, any computer with a DVD-R burner can burn the audio files as data.