Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Restoring Ipod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-26-2011, 11:06 AM

Freshman Lounger

Restoring Ipod

I would really appreciate any help with this...

I recently switched from mac to pc and with my ipod already being formatted to mac, i needed to switch it over. I plugged it into my pc and did what it asked to format it, im pretty sure it worked because i lost everything off of it, but now i need to restore it. Whenever i hit the restore button in itunes, it opens up a windows locator(not sure what you call it, but it wants me to search through my folders on my computer) im not sure where to go from there?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:49 PM

Apple has an article on how to restore: Restoring iPod to factory settings

I would think that you would not need to restore, just need to click on the iPod in iTunes and use the Music tab to select playlists and/or songs to sync.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 02-02-2012, 07:07 AM

Freshman Lounger

That might work better...
Old 03-23-2012, 09:14 AM

Freshman Lounger

if you do end up having to restore the ipod you can download the firmware needed for the ipod from This website

Once you have downloaded the correct file, click on restore and if it brings up the folder browser on your computer simply find the firmware file you downloaded and select that.

hopefully you wont have to restore it though....
Old 04-04-2012, 12:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

Find the support in apple to restore settings
Old 04-21-2012, 04:59 AM

Freshman Lounger

Hey guys I need your help. So I recently decided to restore my Ipod Touch 2g which is on ios 3.1.3. I tried shift+restore and selecting the firmware and it gave me error 3194. After a bit of googling it appears this error happens when you are trying to downgrade (wtv, I was just trying a simple restore from 3.1.3 to 3.1.3). So I tried the whole TinyUmbrella method(saving the SHSH, starting TSS server,Set Host to Cydia on Exit,etc). I tried shift+restore again and now im stuck with error 2005. Googled a bit more. Solution was to change usb ports. I tried all my laptop's usb ports to no avail. I tried doing the same on DFU mode and still get 2005 error. What can I do? Im really at a lost...
Old 05-02-2012, 06:38 AM

Freshman Lounger

Restoring Ipod

Restoring your iPod can be the only way to use advanced configurations.The formatting of your iPod affects many things about it.

Topic: Restoring Ipod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.