Play music only by named folders?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

OldFatJoe

A little info first. I've never owned anything Apple until my daughter gave me one of her 4gNano 8gb two days ago so I'm a complete newbie to how they do things. After seeing her use iTunes and how crippled the program is I decided to look elsewhere. I decided on WinAmp. It allows me to set up everything the way I've always had my music. I set it up on my hard drive with folders named for the artist or a name I've given a group of songs. I'm sure virtually everyone does that. Why can't I get the Nano to display and play it that way? I'd like to be able to choose an artist and have it play everything by them. Instead it will play that artist by album and then stop. If I only have one song from a particular album then I have to manually choose the next one. I ride a motorcycle and trying to fumble with the unit while riding is out of the question. Is there something in setup that I don't know yet or do I need to manually edit every song to have the same album name?

Aside from this little quirk I haven't been this excited by an electronic gadget in a long time. The sound quality is so far beyond any other mp3 player I've had and it's absolutely perfect for use on the motorcycle.

I know this unit is a couple of years old and she knows it hasn't had any firmware updates. Is there any particular reason to update this unit?

Thanks for any help.

Joe