Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Song stops after a few seconds.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-05-2011, 07:36 AM

Freshman Lounger

Song stops after a few seconds.

I have a song on my itunes which plays perfectly ok on there but when i transfer it on to my ipod it stops after a few seconds of playing.
I've reinstalled it a few times into itunes just incase but each time i transfer it i have the same problem.
Any ideas??

Cheers
Andy

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:48 AM

Sounds like the original copy to the iPod was bad. You need to erase it off of the iPod, then put it back on.

Just updating it in iTunes won't work because the bad copy already exists on the iPod.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 07-05-2011, 09:29 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmnews View Post
Sounds like the original copy to the iPod was bad. You need to erase it off of the iPod, then put it back on.

Just updating it in iTunes won't work because the bad copy already exists on the iPod.
Done that already. Erased it from both itunes and ipod then reinstalled back to itunes plays ok, transfer to ipod cuts out after a few seconds.

Thanks anyway. Any other advice??
Old 07-06-2011, 08:30 PM

That's odd. It plays all the way through on iTunes?

If so, have you restarted your iPod? Restored it?

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 07-07-2011, 02:59 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
That's odd. It plays all the way through on iTunes?

If so, have you restarted your iPod? Restored it?
Yes it plays all the way through on itunes but cuts out after about 20 secs on ipod.

No not restarted or restored ipod as it's just this one song.

Andy
Old 07-07-2011, 11:35 AM

The restart is simple and non-destructive. Hold the middle and menu buttons for 10 seconds. The iPod will reboot. This fixes simple stuff like Podcasts that don't play, menus that don't respond, etc. This may be all you need.

Restore is a button in iTunes after you connect your iPod. It erases everything from your iPod and replaces it with what is in your iTunes (full and semi-auto sync will get the same stuff back, manually managed will probably have to put the songs back on afterwards) so if there is music on the iPod not in iTunes it will be lost. The button is located on the screen you get when you click on your iPod in iTunes.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:25 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
The restart is simple and non-destructive. Hold the middle and menu buttons for 10 seconds. The iPod will reboot. This fixes simple stuff like Podcasts that don't play, menus that don't respond, etc. This may be all you need.

Restore is a button in iTunes after you connect your iPod. It erases everything from your iPod and replaces it with what is in your iTunes (full and semi-auto sync will get the same stuff back, manually managed will probably have to put the songs back on afterwards) so if there is music on the iPod not in iTunes it will be lost. The button is located on the screen you get when you click on your iPod in iTunes.
Thanks cjmnews will give both a try.

andy
Old 07-08-2011, 04:50 AM

Freshman Lounger

Tried restart/restore but no change still cuts out.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:07 PM

Have you tried changing the layout of your music?

So if this song is in a playlist, can you add music in front and behind it?
My guess at this point is a bad sector of memory/disc depending on the model.

Or you have this issue:iPod nano (6th generation): Music stops when display turns off
Apple has their generic support that we have tried most of: iPod: Troubleshooting songs and audiobooks that won't play
Apple has their other song skipping help too: Troubleshooting songs that skip

I am guessing here. Sorry I am not much help.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:51 AM

Freshman Lounger

hi,
In fact, the iPod Nano has a fairly spectacular radio, capable of displaying RDS station info, tagging songs, and even pausing and rewinding. You heard right, you can pause up to 15 minutes of radio.its really nice.

Hudson Millar
Old 08-05-2012, 01:00 PM

Freshman Lounger

This is a little late to the party, but I found a possible solution: you need to covert the files from 256kbps to 128bps. Apparently the Nano can't handle the higher rate. You can convert individual songs or audiobooks by going to Advanced>Create [Format] Version. That will save both versions of the song or audiobook.

Topic: Song stops after a few seconds.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.