Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Nano received today, I'm suicidal.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-30-2011, 10:39 AM

Freshman Lounger

Nano received today, I'm suicidal.

I am a senior, I can use a PC, mobile phone, text, digital camera, but not what you would call a genius.
My decision to get a Nano ipod 6g for my wife as a present had seemed like a good idea as she can also have her favourite photos with her.
Since 1030 am I have been trying to upload pictures to the ipod from my PC and it just will not happen. The itunes tells me that the upload has taken place, but nothing appears on the ipod. I have followed link after link to help pages and forums and have just gone round and round in circles. Nothing, I have ever tried on a pc has ever been this difficult or frustrating. There is endless reams of text to follow for help but it all leads back to zero for me.
Is there any one who can help me with this as I am reaching the end of my tether.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:42 AM

If you click on the iPod in iTunes there should be a tab for Photos.

You need to check the box that says Sync Photos from
Then you need to click on the button to the right of it to select a folder where you get your photos from (you can choose a specific folder or My Pictures)
Click on either All Folders to get that folder and everything under it or Specific Folder to get the photos that are in that folder only.

Then click on Apply in the bottom right corner.

That will sync the photos to your Nano.

Now to find the photos, navigate to the 2nd page of the 6th gen nano screen (slide left once) and in the top right corner is the Photos section, tap on that and yous should see All Photos or the Folder name(s).

It is possible that you will not get photos put on to the Nano for a couple of reasons:
1. The Nano is full of music and books. The photos will be eliminated to make room for audio.
2. The photos are not in a format the iTunes understands, possibly RAW camera format or proprietary formats. JPG works for me, but PSD (Photoshop) does not.

Hopefully this prevents the suicide

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: Nano received today, I'm suicidal.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.