iPod Nano (G2) Killing Left Channels?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sweeperq

I've had this iPod Nano for a few years, but stopped using it because it kept killing the left channel on any earbuds and headsets I used. I know it killed the channel because when I used the headsets in other devices the left channel still wouldn't work. This happened on 3 sets of Apple ear buds and 1 set of off-brand.

I figured I'd keep it around and just use one of the FM transmitter things that plug into the dock at the bottom of the iPod and use it in the car. But the radio waves around where I live are so saturated with stations I can't get a descent signal for any period of time.

Was on Amazon last night and saw they have a cable that plugs into the dock of the phone and it splits off to a car charger and an auxiliary out. Looks like a good idea, but I don't want to run the risk of killing the left channel in my vehicle.

Would you feel comfortable with this type of setup given my past issues, or would you be investing in a new mp3 player?