Computer crashed, no backup but all my music is still on my iPod.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

autke

Most of my music was not purchased from iTunes. What can I do to get my music back? Why can't I move my music from my iPod to my new computer? Is there anything that I can do, or do I need to start all over again.

slipknot95

This happened to me just a few days ago. What I did was first connect your ipod to the computer and then open itunes. Make sure your ipod doesn't try to auto sync. After that, click on "computer" from the start menu. Look for the ipod logo in the list of drives and click on it. If you are using windows vista, click on organize next. If you are using windows xp, click on tools, then folder options, then view tab, and the click show hidden files and folders, and finally , click apply. Now you should see a new folder called ipod_control. Click on it and there should be several sub-folders. if your just trying to back up your music, then open music sub-folder. There should now be numbered folders.(F00, F01,....) Now make a new folder on your desktop and copy each one of these to the folder. Now open that folder and bring up itunes. What I had to do after that was rename every song with the correct name, because I didn't know if they would come up as the right names on itunes. Depending on how many songs you have, you can either copy the entire folder to your itunes library if you don't have many songs. If you have alot of songs, you may need to transfer each song to your itunes library individualy. After you finish with that, your done. No more worries. It may seem like a long, drawn-out process, but it is worth the time spent knowing that if your computer crashes, you still have all of your songs saved on itunes. Hope this helps you, it helped me a whole lot.