Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Album Artwork in iTunes Playlists Won't Transfer to iPod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-31-2009, 02:09 PM

Freshman Lounger

Album Artwork in iTunes Playlists Won't Transfer to iPod

I have a problem with album artwork in playlists not transferring to my iPod. I have the artwork in all the songs in my iTunes library. I can create a playlist in iTunes, copy all the songs I want in it and all the artwork transfers to the playlist. But, when I copy the playlist to my iPod none of the artwork transfers. I have "Display album artwork on your iPod" checked in the Music tab. I have "Keep iTunes Music folder organized" and "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" checked. I manually manage music but I tried syncing with "All songs and playlists" checked but the artwork still won't transfer to the iPod. The only way I can add the artwork to the songs in playlists on the iPod is to copy the art manually to each song, which is a hassle. Is there something I'm missing to copy the artwork to the iPod automatically?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:50 AM

The option you are missing is "Display Album Art" in the iPod options.

Just for clarification, when you create a playlist, nothing is "transferred" a playlist is just a list of songs grouped together. And "in the code" you would see that the songs are not really in the playlist. Each "song" in the playlist is just an "arrow" pointing at the song in your library. That way if you have a song in 5 playlists, it only gets copies to your iPod 1 time, and the 5 playlists all have the "arrows" pointing to the one song. Artwork can work in a similar way depending on how the artwork was added.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 02-01-2009, 12:51 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for the reply. But, if you read my post carefully you'll see that I said I had the "Display Album Art" selected in my iPod options.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:34 AM

Then an iPod restore is the fix.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 02-04-2009, 05:43 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyclguy
I have a problem with album artwork in playlists not transferring to my iPod. I have the artwork in all the songs in my iTunes library. I can create a playlist in iTunes, copy all the songs I want in it and all the artwork transfers to the playlist. But, when I copy the playlist to my iPod none of the artwork transfers. I have "Display album artwork on your iPod" checked in the Music tab. I have "Keep iTunes Music folder organized" and "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" checked. I manually manage music but I tried syncing with "All songs and playlists" checked but the artwork still won't transfer to the iPod. The only way I can add the artwork to the songs in playlists on the iPod is to copy the art manually to each song, which is a hassle. Is there something I'm missing to copy the artwork to the iPod automatically?
I had the same problem. All I did was whilst in iTunes and my iPhone was plugged in I click on the music tab under the iPhone settings and unticked the Sync Music box. This cleared all music. I then ticked it again, click apply and it synced everything INCLUDING album art. Hope this works for you
Old 02-05-2009, 03:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for your suggestion also. But, as you can see in my original post, I've tried this method also without results.

Topic: Album Artwork in iTunes Playlists Won't Transfer to iPod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.