Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: stop after track

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-13-2008, 12:34 PM

Freshman Lounger

stop after track

hello my first post ,,bought a new nano for my alesis usb mixer [the one that you plug a i pod into] for my backing tracks 2 questions i have .how do you program nano to stop after every track ,,and how to control the volume of playback because the volume out of the nano[when its connected many thanks to the mixer is much to loud to control] many thanks in advance

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:41 AM

This is an odd question..."how to make nano stop after each track" usually we get the other way around.

Try selecting the tracks you want to have behave in this Odd manner, right click them and choose Get Info. Set the Skip on Shuffle option. Then put these tracks into a playlist. Sync the songs and playlist to the iPod. Now go into the iPod, at the top level you'll see Main Menu->Shuffle->On (this turns on auto-shuffle on the nano). Now when you play that playlist of these tracks each track should stop after it is played because of the conflict of auto-shuffle and skip on shuffle.

The Nano can adjust the volume using the scroll wheel in most circumstances. If the tracks are still too loud you can modify them in iTunes by selecting the tracks, right click and choose Get Info, and using the Volume Adjustment slider to reduce the volume.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 09-14-2008, 05:09 PM

Freshman Lounger

thanks i will give it a try .the reason for this odd manner is that i want to play backing tracks on my nano conected to my new alesis mixer that has a dock and a cursor wheel ..now if the track does not stop i could not have time to introduce the next song in my act cheers
Old 09-14-2008, 10:40 PM

Veteran Lounger

I've been using the iPod's "Notes" feature on stage (well, at FOH) for a couple of years -- does exactly what you want.

In a text editor, create entries for the tracks you want to play by using this simple html-like markup:
HTML Code:
<title>Tonight's Show</title>
TRACK #1 --> Mark Isham's 1983 track from album "Vapor Drawings": 
=====> <a href="ipod:music?song=In The Blue Distance">In The Blue Distance</a>

TRACK #2 --> Natalie Imbruglia's 1998 track from album "Left of the Middle": 
=====> <a href="ipod:music?song=Wishing I Was There">Wishing I Was There</a>

TRACK #3 --> Ry Cooder's 1979 track from album "Bop Til You Drop": 
=====> <a href="ipod:music?song=Down in Hollywood">Down in Hollywood</a>

TRACK #4 --> Liz Snavely's most excellent track from 2008 album "Contemplating the Void": 
=====> <a href="ipod:music?song=River">River</a>
(You can paste the above into Notepad, substitute your own track info, and then play along at home...)

Save some "link text" like the above into a text file, and load it into the iPod's Notes folder (located in the iPod's "hard drive" area). To use this "playlist", select Extras from the Main menu, then Notes, then click on the "Tonight's Show" item. (Since this file has "title" markup, that title will be displayed in the Notes list, instead of the file name.) When the Note opens you'll see four paragraphs, each with a brief description of and link to a song. Use the scroll wheel to select a link, use the center button to activate the link. After that track has played, nothing more will play and the display goes back to the Notes page with the last-clicked link still hilited; scroll to the next link, hit the center button....

You can still hit Pause to stop the playing track, and the Center button still scrubs; the other three -- Back, Menu, Next -- all take you back to the current Note.

Song names inside the links have to match exactly; a very few characters can't be used in the links...IRC, they are "\", "/", and "&" (So, no "Bob Marley & the Wailers"; it would have to be renamed in iTunes.)

You can do a lot with Notes -- play tracks, playlists, simple sorts like all of Elton John's "Rock" genre tracks, videos, and more.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:58 PM

Blue since the 70's

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmnews
Try selecting the tracks you want to have behave in this Odd manner, right click them and choose Get Info. Set the Skip on Shuffle option. Then put these tracks into a playlist. Sync the songs and playlist to the iPod. Now go into the iPod, at the top level you'll see Main Menu->Shuffle->On (this turns on auto-shuffle on the nano). Now when you play that playlist of these tracks each track should stop after it is played because of the conflict of auto-shuffle and skip on shuffle.
Great info. Possibly very useful for me in the future. Thanks.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:49 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2_Mac
I've been using the iPod's "Notes" feature on stage (well, at FOH) for a couple of years -- does exactly what you want.

In a text editor, create entries for the tracks you want to play by using this simple html-like markup:
HTML Code:
<title>Tonight's Show</title>
TRACK #1 --> Mark Isham's 1983 track from album "Vapor Drawings": 
=====> <a href="ipod:music?song=In The Blue Distance">In The Blue Distance</a>

TRACK #2 --> Natalie Imbruglia's 1998 track from album "Left of the Middle": 
=====> <a href="ipod:music?song=Wishing I Was There">Wishing I Was There</a>

TRACK #3 --> Ry Cooder's 1979 track from album "Bop Til You Drop": 
=====> <a href="ipod:music?song=Down in Hollywood">Down in Hollywood</a>

TRACK #4 --> Liz Snavely's most excellent track from 2008 album "Contemplating the Void": 
=====> <a href="ipod:music?song=River">River</a>
(You can paste the above into Notepad, substitute your own track info, and then play along at home...)

Save some "link text" like the above into a text file, and load it into the iPod's Notes folder (located in the iPod's "hard drive" area). To use this "playlist", select Extras from the Main menu, then Notes, then click on the "Tonight's Show" item. (Since this file has "title" markup, that title will be displayed in the Notes list, instead of the file name.) When the Note opens you'll see four paragraphs, each with a brief description of and link to a song. Use the scroll wheel to select a link, use the center button to activate the link. After that track has played, nothing more will play and the display goes back to the Notes page with the last-clicked link still hilited; scroll to the next link, hit the center button....

You can still hit Pause to stop the playing track, and the Center button still scrubs; the other three -- Back, Menu, Next -- all take you back to the current Note.

Song names inside the links have to match exactly; a very few characters can't be used in the links...IRC, they are "\", "/", and "&" (So, no "Bob Marley & the Wailers"; it would have to be renamed in iTunes.)

You can do a lot with Notes -- play tracks, playlists, simple sorts like all of Elton John's "Rock" genre tracks, videos, and more.
many thanks it works perfectly ,i am using wav instead of mp3 in my mixer now when track stops it goes to a list of tracks waiting i just scroll down with the mixers scroll wheel and press play
Old 09-15-2008, 12:57 PM

Freshman Lounger

what i have been doing ,it may seem a bit long winded but i have back ups ..i record the track onto my archos in wav file [because i take my archos to gigs with me] then name them and give them a number like ..rec 0023 rule the world.. then connect to pc and then use i tunes picking them it works great
Old 09-15-2008, 02:14 PM

pippin114
Banned

yeah i do the same thing

Topic: stop after track

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.