Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Interval timer for work out

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-18-2008, 04:39 PM

Freshman Lounger

Interval timer for work out

Is there such a thing as a timer that can be set at intervals for a 'ding' to go off while a playlist is playing, kind of like a minute reminder that doesn't have to be reset?
I'm trying to really simplify my circuit training gear.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:35 AM

Senior Lounger

Not on the nano-only there's a non-dinging stopwatch.

iPods:iPod shuffle 2nd gen, 3rd gen, iPod Touch 2nd gen, iPod 5th gen,nano 1st gen, nano 3rd gen,nano 5th gen
Speakers:Logitech mm50
Old 08-24-2008, 04:58 PM

Freshman Lounger

How to make a free interval timer for your iPod

Yeah, this has been bugging me, too. I finally realized that I could make mp3s of the length I wanted (specifically, 20 seconds and 10 seconds for the Tabata interval), and build those into a playlist for a homemade, free, interval timer. I found a good article on how to make mp3s of any length. Unfortunately I can't post the link, but if you Google "make ringtones geek to live" it should be the first result.

So, for my Tabata timer, I made a playlist that repeats my 10-second and 20-second interval eight times.

If this seems like more trouble than it's worth, don't worry: the entire process of downloading and editing my first two intervals took about five minutes; I expect that future intervals will take less than two to generate. If you happen to be looking for a Tabata timer, feel free to download the mp3s I made. It's not showing on Google yet, so just know that it's a site called Orbitfiles, my name there is scotty022, and the file is called tabata.

Enjoy!
Old 08-24-2008, 05:29 PM

Freshman Lounger

Another Option

You can also use Audacity to put the beeps in at the desired places in a track. It's pretty easy to do--very easy to combine the desired playlist into one long mp3, and easy to put the beeps in.

Topic: Interval timer for work out

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.