Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Best silicone cases?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-30-2008, 09:41 PM

Freshman Lounger

Best silicone cases?

I've read most of the iLounge reviews for the 3G nano cases, and I've decided I wanted a silicone one, as my previous experiences with hard cases didn't exactly go well.

I was thinking about either the Switcheasy Silicone Biscuits or PDO's TopSkin. Do any of you have either of these cases? If so could you tell me a bit about them, like
  • Their clickwheel sensitivity
  • How good their screen protectors are (protection- and transparency/visibility-wise)
  • Would the Silicone Biscuits' hard screen protector move around and possibly scratch the screen itself?
  • And any other things you might have wanted to say about them.

If you don't have either of those cases or know about them, do you mind recommending to me some good silicone cases the protect the clickwheel and the screen?

Thanks so much. This is my first iPod and I really want to protect it. :]

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:58 PM

Freshman Lounger

BUMP

Please, I'd really like to know!
Old 07-12-2008, 05:32 PM

Freshman Lounger

I would definitely recommend the Switcheasy Silicone Biscuit over the PDO Topskin.

The PDO Topskin is made of flimsier material. While it does come with a belt clip, its plastic and not very sturdy. The other problem is when you remove the belt clip, it leaves a hole in the inside back of the case which will be a lint/dirt trap.

The Switcheasy Silicone Biscuit has much thicker silicone on all corners and comes with a bottom port protector. The hard screen protector is easy to install and does not move around once in the case. I ordered directly from Switcheasy - only $12 incl. S&H.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:46 AM

down for whatever

I don't have an iPod nano, but I would recommend something from iSkin. They have the best cases out there!

iMac G4  Aluminum iMac  iBook Clamshell  iPod 3G
iPod classic  1G iPod nano  2G iPod touch  2G iPod mini
Old 07-25-2008, 02:25 PM

Freshman Lounger

Belkin or boomwave is nice too...or some third party cases are also nice and cheap
Old 07-26-2008, 01:49 PM

Senior Lounger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenix
Belkin or boomwave is nice too...or some third party cases are also nice and cheap
I have the Red and Black Silicone with the grip (Belkin)

Ok the click wheel sensitivity is "pretty" good, when you dont use the wheel for like an hour the sensitivity doesnt work for some reason, it has to get a little warm to work. its hard silicone which is good, the grip doesnt really feel like "Grip" it just feels like small bumps. the screen protector though is the best. its hard plastice cant even bend, which is good. Its a good case but the screen corners can get some dust which isnt that good but it protects everything else.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:34 AM

Freshman Lounger

The best case I ever bought was from a hongkong dealer on Ebay and it cost me around 2 dollars. It was a perfectly made black silicon skin that looked really professional looking.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:10 AM

Power Lounger

I have a DLO silicone case - it's OK.

My Clear acrylic ones from Belkin are better.

My preference would ultimately be iSkin...

//iPhone 6 64gb // SOL Republic Tracks Air // Retina iPad Mini 128 gb wifi // Apple TV 3 // iMac 21.5 //
Old 09-13-2008, 12:10 AM

Freshman Lounger

ifrogz is pretty cool too if you wanted to try them out. ^^

I've dropped my nano a couple of times out in the parking lot and it's saved it! I don't care much for the wheel cover sticker, but as for the wrap itself, it's definitely worth it.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:52 AM

Junior Lounger

But I preffer Krusell Music Remix Leather case black coloured. The cases are protective yet hip and trendy. Here several types are available. I have bought one from here. I don't think silicon case are good yet u can try.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:50 PM

Junior Lounger

I have an iSkin and several iFrogz - all Audiowrapz - I prefer iFrogz. The iSkin always had static build-up - which I just thought was normal - and I have never had that problem with the iFrogz.

nano 3G 4GB: nano 3G 8GB: shuffle 2G 1GB
Old 11-05-2008, 01:02 AM

Blue since the 70's

I agree that iSkin makes the best cases out there. I have been curious about iFrogz tho and if I lived in the US, Id order one just too see what theyre like. But oh well. Im getting an iSkin soon and I hope its as good as my Evo3 used to be for my 5G iPod.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:18 PM

Freshman Lounger

iSkin is probably the best, though iFrogz seems to have some good ones...
Old 06-09-2009, 10:29 PM

Freshman Lounger

Gunslinger motorcycle tours sell skins on their website for only $4.95.

http://www.vegasmotorcycletours.com/...ine-store.html

Topic: Best silicone cases?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.