Is it too small...help?!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Jakee

Hello, i bought a 4GB iPod nano on eBay a few days ago. It came in the post this morning, and i was made up. 1,000 songs! That surpasses my old 1GB thingy with 333 songs... But wait? What's this?

I can actually only fit 467 songs, and that's a pain in the neck, considering i forked out £62 for the bloody thing. All the files are in mp3 format(i think.... they were before i whacked them on iTunes anyway..), so i'm not sure what's happening.

It might just be the songs are large, but i somehow doubt it.

Any help is highly appreciated! Thanks :).

EDIT: Also i'm not sure this is a video one... i'll post in the other nano forum, sorry for troubles!

Jakee

Rather annoying problem.

Hello, i posted a thread complaining of not enough size on my ipod.
Well a different problem has arisen.

When i sync stuff from iTunes to my iPod it says that i have only 93.8 MB left to store stuff.
But when i go to my iPod settings, it says i have 1.7 GB left. (I have 467 songs, 0 photos on there).

I go to iTunes to add more stuff, but seeing as it says i have just 93.8MB left, it won't let me.

Any solutionas?

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
Please do not double/triple post. Calm down.

It probly came with "junks." Do a RESTORE, that will put it back to factory condition, then reload songs.

Jakee

As you may have guessed i'm a novice at things like this. Gimme a break ;\.

JRoDDz

Make sure all the songs are exactly 4 minutes long and are encoded at 128kbps. You'll have your 1000 songs.

JRoDDz

You didn't read the fine print? 1000 songs that are 4 minutes long and encoded at 128kbps AAC.

electrozoid

Apple Pie Eater
JRoDDz comment is right on but there is something odd with the info you've given.

333 songs for 1GB
x songs for 4GB

This is an elementary proportion and gives at least 1332 songs (provided ALL the songs you are trying to fit are roughly the same size as you had before). There should be no reason for it only to fit 467 (of the same size more or less).

So you're looking at it the wrong way; the problem is not that your files are large or whatever, but you are comparing apples to oranges. There is no way those 333 songs you had before are remotely similar to the 467 you are trying to fit now.

michaelwiggins

Actually I think I know the problem...eBay currently is overrun by fake ipod nanos that are manufactured in China...He just said its not a video nano right? Yea, the nanos being sold look like the older generation nanos, the taller ones, but the difference is that generally the screen is longer.

But in any case, they're bootleg, knock-off, imitations, whatever you want to call them...The loop hole is that when they said 4gb, they don't necesarily mean gigabytes, but gigaBITS, which is why you can't fit all the songs promised.. I don't know alot about this scam but I read an artical about it on ebay.

Your posts have been merged. keep your questions on this topic to this thread. It is easier for people to help you when you keep the information together.

Forum Policy - Please do not cross nor double post in the forums.