Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Help!only the right side earphone works

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-23-2007, 02:01 PM

Freshman Lounger

Help!only the right side earphone works

whenever i insert my ipod earphones into my ipod,its just the right ear that works and same goes with every other earphone dat i use. but when i try all these earphones with other devices, both ears work.
wat i wanna know is can it be fixed here, or do i have to take it to apple to get it fixed and dats gonna cost alot-also is it hardware problem or software prob. Please anybody just help me cuz its awful when i hear it on just one ear.thanks alot.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:49 PM

Pro Lounger

Are you sure that the headphone plug is inserted all the way into the iPod? If that doesn't cure the problem then you have a bad connection to the headphone jack and will have to send it to Apple for repair, if it's still under warrantee, or send it to a third party repair facility which may cost less money.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:41 AM

Freshman Lounger

thanks for the reply. The headphone is fully inserted,yet only the right ear works...but whenever i tilt or kinda push the headphone jack to the right or left,both ears work but whenever there's a little shake or i just move the ipod,the left one stops working. i'll probly get it to a 3rd party repairer cuz its outta warranty-(got my nano 2k5 Dec.but thanks tho.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:30 PM

Freshman Lounger

Before you try a third party place, you should take it in to the Apple store if you can. I had the same problem with my 60 gb iPod video, and it was out of warranty as well. I took it in and a guy there tested it out with another pair of headphones. When he saw that the problem was indeed the iPod, he brought me a new one without asking about my warranty at all. So if you have a store close to you, it's worth trying to go there. I might have just been lucky, but they should replace it or fix it for you.

Topic: Help!only the right side earphone works

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.