Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Downgrade 2G Firmware

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-18-2007, 12:03 AM

Freshman Lounger

Downgrade 2G Firmware

I'm experiencing problems with the 1.1.2 firmware upgrade for my 2G nano (resets and other weird problems). I'd never had any problems with the 1.1.1 firmware that came installed on the unit.

Unfortunately since the ipod didn't come with a CD I cannot downgrade the firmware. Apple also does not provide archived versions of their firmware. I found a copy of the old firmware 'iPod_19.1.1.1.ipsw' on the net, but I also need the signature file (presumably for checksums).

Could someone post the file or the contents of the file 'iPod_19.1.1.1.ipsw.signature'?

Thanks

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:21 AM

Freshman Lounger

Just connect it to your computer, select the iPod in iTunes, and hit the reset button under the summary tab. This restores it to factory settings (and firmware).
Old 04-18-2007, 02:58 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedoff087
Just connect it to your computer, select the iPod in iTunes, and hit the reset button under the summary tab. This restores it to factory settings (and firmware).
This allows me to restore my current firmware (1.1.2). To restore to the previous firmware version (1.1.1) requires that I have 2 files in my ipod update directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates\

I need:
iPod_19.1.1.1.ipsw (I already have)
iPod_19.1.1.1.ipsw.signature (file I need)

Did anyone with a 2G ipod do a restore which cached this file from apple?

Thanks
Old 05-13-2007, 12:54 PM

Freshman Lounger

Could someone post the contents of this file?
iPod_19.1.1.1.ipsw.signature

it's located in:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates

Thanks,
Jsytta
Old 02-25-2009, 11:55 PM

Freshman Lounger

I, too am looking for the contents of ANY of the ipod_19.1*.ipsw.signature files (apart ipod_19.1.1.3 as that one is freely available).
So, if you have 19.1.1.2, or 19.1.1.1, or 19.1.1.0 (with the .signature at the end), please open notepad and paste the really long key here. If you don't know how to do that, please upload somewhere (like rapidshare, mediafire) - it is a really small file.
If you are running Vista/Win7, it is NOT in the location stated above. It is at C:\Users\<LOGIN NAME>\Appdata\Roaming\Apple Computer\Itunes\iPod Software Updates

Please! I really, really need this file, and I suppose the guy above me is still searching.

EDIT: If you have anything from around the 1.0.1 era, could you UL the ipsw and ipsw.signature file? I think I may need a really, really old firmware version to get the micromemo recorder to work with it.

Last edited by Kanzar; 02-26-2009 at 12:25 AM.

Topic: Downgrade 2G Firmware

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.