Help! iPod is not showing in Source list/itunes

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Graceliac

Please help! I purchase a ipod about 6 months ago and it was working fine when about the time I updated my itunes to 7.0 it stopped showing in the source list in itunes. I can plug it in but it is not showing in itunes. I have reinstalled the ipod twice and it still is not showing. My ipod works and will play songs when I charge it seperately but will not charge and due to it not showing on the source list...i can not add songs or delete them. If at all possible I would like to stay away from completely restoring my ipod. I am completely confused since everything was working fine. Could it possibly be the new version of itunes not working with my computer and if yes, can i get the old version back. Also, I know it is not the USB port since I tried other things in that port which work. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

bwh79

The 5 R's:

Reset: flip the hold switch back and forth (and back if necessary, so that hold is "off" i.e. controls can be operated) and then press and hold the Center and Menu buttons until the Apple logo appears (about 6-10 seconds).

Retry: try the iPod with a different USB port on the computer. You can also try a different cable. This will ensure that the problem is not just a bad connection.

Restart: restart your computer and make sure that all your software is up to date.

Reinstall: Download the latest version of iTunes from http://www.apple.com/iTunes/download and reinstall it on your computer.

Restore: restoring the iPod returns it to brand-new factory settings (except with the latest version of the operating software). This is done from within iTunes, however, so if your iPod isn't even appearing then I don't think you'll get this far. Either a previous step will fix it or else you might have a major problem.