Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Sorting playlist order?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-23-2007, 01:42 AM

Junior Lounger

Question Sorting playlist order?

I have a playlist on my iPod nano named "Radio Shows" where I copy manually-downloaded podcasts to listen on my player.

Question: how can I sort the playlist so the nano plays the audio files in this folder in the way I want it? I can't seem change the play order in iTunes 7.1.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:49 AM

Pro Lounger

Use a regular playlist instead of a smart playlist.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:20 AM

Power Lounger

Playlists go on the iPod in the order in which they are displayed at the time when you sync. Sort the playlist by whatever column you choose, then sync. If you want the songs in an order of your choosing, sort by playlist position (the left-most column of numbers), and then you can drag the tracks into whatever order you waht.

iPod Touch 32GB (4th gen., Black) | iTunes 11.0.1.12 (8942 songs, 27.5 days, 37.13 GB)
SmartLists by Code Monkey
Old 03-23-2007, 11:43 AM

If you are sorting by the far left column and still can't drag the songs into the order you want, make sure that the shuffle button isn't on in iTunes in the lower left hand corner.

If you are making these changes to a playlist that is on an iPod connected to iTunes, after you make the changes you have to right click the playlist and select "copy to play order" I suggest this even in iTunes, so iTunes remembers the order you want if you ever change the sort column, it will remember the order you gave it if you return to to sort by the far left column.

Good luck.

5G 80GB iPod / iPhone 4 / MacBook Pro / Last.fm /
Links to common ?'s
FAQS | Artist missing songs | iPod not Recognized Mac or PC | disable auto-sync temp. | Disk mode How to | iPod has Folder/!
Old 03-23-2007, 10:34 PM

Junior Lounger

Thumbs up

Thanks for your suggestions! I'll give it a try and will see if that fixes the problem.

Other than this annoying issue, I'm really liking my new nano 4 GB (blue case). Both podcasts and music sound vastly less harsh even at lower volumes on my cheap Philips HE592 headphones than my old Creative Zen Nano Plus 512 MB player.

Topic: Sorting playlist order?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.