Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Cleaning a Silicone Case

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-12-2006, 08:36 AM

Freshman Lounger

Cleaning a Silicone Case

I just bought a 2G Nano, and I bought a silicone case to go with it. (It doesn't really need a case, but I wanted to wear it as a lanyard, and I don't like Apple's lanyard headphones.) I like the case, but it has collected lint on the inside of the case. I'm not sure if it got there when I put the Nano in the case or when I was carrying it in my pocket, but there are little specks of dirt and dust that are visible through the case. (The case is clear, so the dirt shows clearly).

Is there any way to clean the inside of a silicone iPod case? I tried brushing the lint away with a clean cloth, but the dust particles cling to the silicone - I just seem to be moving them around instead of removing them. Many cleaning cloths make things worse by leaving more lint.

Karen

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:56 AM

NOT a mind reader

Warm soapy water, and air dry?

QFT: "The iPod is not a device in which you can store your music collection w/o having it backed up using another option. - honeybee1236"
-----
iLounge URLs: iPod/iTunes Beginner's Guide | Copy Music from iPod to Computer | iPod 101/201 | iPod FAQs | Last 24h. | vBulletin FAQ

Apple URLs: Battery Test | iPod manuals | iPod 101 | iPod Higher learning | iTunes Support | iPod and iPhone: TV Out support | Setting Vol. Limit | iPod with 2+ computers | How much stuff will fit?

Topic: Cleaning a Silicone Case

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.