Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How can I report my stolen iPod to Apple?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 06-12-2006, 07:16 PM

Geek

How can I report my stolen iPod to Apple?

I am extremely sorry for not searching, but I am a sweating, blubbering mess. My ipod was stolen from me today and I remember somewhere on this forum someone said you can report your ipod stolen to apple, ie give them the serial number and they can find it if someone plugs it into a computer?????? I'm in Canada, so i don't know if thats US only, but please I need something............ thanks soooo much!!!!

ipod #1: iPod nano, 2GB, White, Contour iSee nano case
~December 26 2005~ to ~June 12 2006~
ipod #2: iPod nano, 2GB, White, Sumo Flip Case (red)
~June 17 2006~
Can't I just superglue my nano to myself?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:11 PM

NOT a mind reader

Sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, Apple does not have any system in place for lost/stolen Apple products.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300066

QFT: "The iPod is not a device in which you can store your music collection w/o having it backed up using another option. - honeybee1236"
-----
iLounge URLs: iPod/iTunes Beginner's Guide | Copy Music from iPod to Computer | iPod 101/201 | iPod FAQs | Last 24h. | vBulletin FAQ

Apple URLs: Battery Test | iPod manuals | iPod 101 | iPod Higher learning | iTunes Support | iPod and iPhone: TV Out support | Setting Vol. Limit | iPod with 2+ computers | How much stuff will fit?
Old 06-12-2006, 09:11 PM

Veteran Lounger

Oh god, I hope this teaches you to keep good track of your iPod or something though. Sorry to hear about it.

30gb iPod photo- has been sent to my aunt. She loves it, and is very careful with it, as I've heard. Hopefully I can get it back when the battery dies or the hard drive fails.

30gb iPod video- just got it as of 12/13/05 YAY!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:24 PM

Geek

The sad thing is a do take very good care of my nano. Its always on me, until today when my friend wanted me to go with her and help another teacher do something for volunteer hours we needed. I thought it would be quick, so I left my bag with friends and went. But it took the whole class and the friends in my class had left my bag behind in a room they were using for only part of the class. I am so mad at myself for not asking how long it would take and to to my bag. Plus I didn't have my nano out at all so someone would of had to of know I had my ipod and to rifle through my purse. I also find it amusing they left behind a digital camera and a cell phone. Kill me now before I have to tell my parents.

~June 17 2006~
Old 06-12-2006, 11:49 PM

Veteran Lounger

sounds pretty bad. *drives stake through heart* there you're dead now.

EDIT: maybe if you tell your parents the honest truth they'll understand and not be too upset about this. OF course you didn't know any better or something...

30gb iPod photo- has been sent to my aunt. She loves it, and is very careful with it, as I've heard. Hopefully I can get it back when the battery dies or the hard drive fails.

30gb iPod video- just got it as of 12/13/05 YAY!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 11:56 PM

Reclined Lounger

man that sucks, what kind of friends would just leave your bag alone. i dont even trust the best of friends with my ipod, when i first got it i wouldnt let my friend touch it even if i were in the same room. BAD FRIENDS... BAD. NO TOUCH!!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 12:25 AM

Sorry to hear what happened. In the future don't leave such items laying around anywhere. The Nano can be worn around your neck & tucked under your shirt out of view. It would be best to wear it like that during school hours.

Tell your parents the truth about how it happened. I think they will be understanding since you were doing something good to help others.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:03 AM

Geek

Ok, afterthought, don't get mad at me, but do you think I could claim this on my parents house insurence?? (last ounce of hope)

~June 17 2006~
Old 06-13-2006, 11:09 AM

your parents' deductible most likely exceeds the value of your nano, and even if you could make a claim most homeowner policies (in the u.s.) can go up as much as 33% with single claim. if your nano was purchased on a credit card within the last 90 days, you may be able to take advantage of a 'buyer protection plan' that many card companies offer. my son's ipod was taken out of his gym locker and this saved his bacon!

edit: now i see in your sig ~Dec 26th 2005 ~ ... sorry for your loss, you're probably out of luck at this point unless someone turns in the perp.

Last edited by rockmyplimsoul; 06-13-2006 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:54 PM

iLove iPods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtDamage911
man that sucks, what kind of friends would just leave your bag alone. i dont even trust the best of friends with my ipod, when i first got it i wouldnt let my friend touch it even if i were in the same room. BAD FRIENDS... BAD. NO TOUCH!!!!
Thats a bit over the top. I let my friends use my iPod. Sometimes in school I give my iPod to my friend to listen to for a while and I go somewhere else in the school.

16gb iPod Touch & 8gb iPhone
Old 06-15-2006, 07:02 PM

Geek

Only 4 other people besides my self have ever touched my ipod. I'm the most protective out of all my friends that have ipods. I'm convinced this is karma, but I'm trying to figure out what I have done to deserve this.

~June 17 2006~
Old 06-17-2006, 04:01 AM

Staring at the color

That's what it is... karma.. yep, definately.

Old 06-21-2006, 03:23 PM

Freshman Lounger

mine was also stolen, from a department store. I left my purse there, and i guess someone went thru it and took it. the funny thing is i've had it for over a year, safely in my backpack, but as soon as i got the purse, i lost it! Anyways, so i called lost and found and it turns out someone turned it in, but inside was my lip gloss, and the iPod case...no iPod! I'm so upset, because it was so careful with it, and make sure it was safe and scratch free. My parents are pretty mad too, but luckily it was a b-day present from a relative, so no loss to them, just me.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:27 AM

Geek

Yeah, I don't feel good thinking about some punk breaking off my case cause they wouldn't know how to open it and rubbing his/her greasy fingers over my clean nano. Yeah I'm a freak but I can't help it.

~June 17 2006~
Old 12-07-2006, 09:13 PM

Freshman Lounger

Yeah you could

Yeah the whole thing with the serial number?
Works...
I just got mine stolen on Monday and it took 4 days for the school to say they couldn't do anything about my report.
And I had 3 eye witnesses and one hearsay. Unfortunately it wasn't good enough...
So I called Apple and all the numbers they gave me didn't work... until this last number they gave me...

1-800-275-2273

Call this number give them the serial number and tell them what happened.
They’ll tell you to tell the police and have them to call apple and they'll give them the information. And the police will get on it.
Most likely they changed the info on the nano. But... if you have the original box with the serial number on it... then your golden.

Ohh and don’t call 911 waste of time...
Go to the city police station your school is in and report it.

Topic: How can I report my stolen iPod to Apple?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.