Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: 1G and 2G nano - difference??

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-16-2006, 04:11 PM

Junior Lounger

1G and 2G nano - difference??

I've just been googling for the last 10 mins to find this out but can't see ANYTHING. What's the difference between 1G and 2G nanos?? I've had mine for a month or so, so am presuming it's 2G, but how do the 1G's differ???

4gb Black Nano w/ Invisiblesheild

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:36 PM

NOT a mind reader

You haven't found anything because there is only one "generation" of iPod nano so far.

(Identifying different iPod Models)

QFT: "The iPod is not a device in which you can store your music collection w/o having it backed up using another option. - honeybee1236"
-----
iLounge URLs: iPod/iTunes Beginner's Guide | Copy Music from iPod to Computer | iPod 101/201 | iPod FAQs | Last 24h. | vBulletin FAQ

Apple URLs: Battery Test | iPod manuals | iPod 101 | iPod Higher learning | iTunes Support | iPod and iPhone: TV Out support | Setting Vol. Limit | iPod with 2+ computers | How much stuff will fit?
Old 01-16-2006, 04:37 PM

Veteran Lounger

I'm assuming by 1G and 2G you are meaning 1st and 2nd Generation. As far as I know there are not two generations of nanos yet. The only thing that I can think of is that someone may be referring to the firmware of version 1.0 vs. 1.1.

Old 01-16-2006, 05:29 PM

Junior Lounger

Well, this is exactly what I thought and assumed! But I've read people say they have a 4gb 1G nano and some put 2G. I didn't think there was such things, hence making this topic.

4gb Black Nano w/ Invisiblesheild
Old 01-16-2006, 07:50 PM

Freshman Lounger

There is only one generation of the Nano out at this point some of the earlier ones didn't come with the protection sleeve but the Ipod's are pretty much the same.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:17 PM

Reclined Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by MattHirst
Well, this is exactly what I thought and assumed! But I've read people say they have a 4gb 1G nano and some put 2G. I didn't think there was such things, hence making this topic.
I get confused with this too. It should be 2GB and 4GB Nano 1st Gen. That's how it should read. You can even leave the B off.

John
-Black 60gb Video
-White 30gb Video
-Blue 4gb Mini (2gen)

Topic: 1G and 2G nano - difference??

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.