nano included case - Page 6 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: nano included case

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 11-15-2005, 09:01 AM

Freshman Lounger

So, how many of you people who have purchased a nano before the sleeve was introduced have received a positive answer when asking Apple to send one?

What's your opinion, should one wait until the whole thing is official and written on Apple's homepage or is it better to contact Apple right away and demand they send you a sleeve or similar product?

For me this whole thing is more of a matter of principle than actual need for a sleeve. In my opinion Apple is obligated to give a sleeve for current owners as well.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:59 AM

Freshman Lounger

Hi everyone

I'm new - just joined. I stumbled across this site while reading all about the problems of the ipod nano and scratching.

I am really interested to hear that they are now shipping with a case included. I was going to get one from apples own site because they do the free engraving. But all these reports about scratching has been putting me off getting one. Apart from the scratching issue, what do you reckon on the nano? I'd be interested to hear other people's comments. thanks.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:21 PM

Power Lounger

even with the scratching issue, my Nano is exactly what i was wanting in an mp3 player.

i believe the scratching issue is only a problem if you do not plan on covering your Nano. ever. for some reason. from day 1, when i started looking into mp3 players, i knew i was going to get a case for it. primarily for shock prevention, with scratch prevention being an added bonus. i also realized that something used daily will get scratched up, regardless of how cautiously it is used. so when i dicovered my first scratched, all that went through my head was "eh..."

the way i see it, if you go in with a realistic attitude, you won't be disappointed. if you go in expecting the end-all, be-all of mp3 players, you will be disappointed.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:17 PM

Freshman Lounger

OMG...that's a NOT a case. IT's a cover...a cover that is useless. They didn't want to include the "real" case because it would hurt the case market.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:41 PM

Freshman Lounger

If anyone ever meets steve jobs, give him a good swift kick in the nuts for all the swindled nano owners out there.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:10 PM

Power Lounger

All right I'll do that LOL

Jonathan Keim
Brushed White iPod Nano - Incase Neoprene Sleeve - Blue Apple Tube
| Christ is not a religion. There is only one way: Jesus Christ | John 14:6|
Old 11-19-2005, 11:12 AM

Freshman Lounger

What about those iSkin cases? Are they any good? Does anyone know if you can get them in the UK, as the link on this site gives prices in US Dollars. They certainly look good and I think it's a good idea to cover the nano from day 1 anyway to prevent any scratches. And those coloured cases look really great. Thoughts anyone?
Old 11-19-2005, 07:12 PM

Power Lounger

No you don't want them, because alot of people that bought them here took them back. The main reason is because the screen protector is too small and distorts the edges of the screen.
One guy bought both that and the ezskin case and he kept the ezskin. So if you want a silicone case with a belt clip get that.

Jonathan Keim
Brushed White iPod Nano - Incase Neoprene Sleeve - Blue Apple Tube
| Christ is not a religion. There is only one way: Jesus Christ | John 14:6|
Old 11-19-2005, 07:39 PM

Power Lounger

i returned mine because...i don't know. i like my Agent18. i think the iSkin will make a fine case if you want just 1 case. i had no problems with the screen being distorted by the protector. i just use my Nano for music, though, and not for pictures.

Old 11-20-2005, 02:26 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:34 AM

Junior Lounger

apple must have put a case in the 3rd shipping of nanos, cuz i got mine in the US so it was cheaper. and my Dad got me like the last one in the whole of Knoxville in CompUSA, so mine was probs one of the v.last without a case. its hardly a nice case though, so its no great loss. i think as we didnt get one though, and if its to do with the suits, then people who didnt get a case should be able to demand a case or tube to make up for this

Sorry, im unable to speak to Zen owners. My superslim nano would be horrified at how fat a Zen is!
Old 11-27-2005, 01:56 PM

Freshman Lounger

Angry Apple Supplied iPod Nano Scratch Case - Doesn't Work!

My brand new iPod Nano is scratched, despite not having left the comfort of its new home or been subjected to any form of pocket, abrasive surface or object. Instead, it's only been in the Apple supplied white scratch case and yet it is now scratched on the front and back.

I'd love to show you all the photos, but I haven't got a digital camera, however the white case has left numerous fabric shavings on the surface of the black iPod Nano, which result in scratches when handling normally. Not only has the scratch case not worked, it's actually scratched my iPod.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm loath to go down the Brasso route so soon!

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on transparent cases available in the UK?
Old 12-27-2005, 04:21 PM

Freshman Lounger

Re: Apple Supplied iPod Nano Scratch Case - Doesn't Work!

Quote:
Originally posted by zaccaroo
My brand new iPod Nano is scratched, despite not having left the comfort of its new home or been subjected to any form of pocket, abrasive surface or object. Instead, it's only been in the Apple supplied white scratch case and yet it is now scratched on the front and back.

I'd love to show you all the photos, but I haven't got a digital camera, however the white case has left numerous fabric shavings on the surface of the black iPod Nano, which result in scratches when handling normally. Not only has the scratch case not worked, it's actually scratched my iPod.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm loath to go down the Brasso route so soon!

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on transparent cases available in the UK?
I'm having the same problem. The case that shipped with it actually causes hairline scratches in the surface of the nano!

I've had it for a day and it's already beat up. I'm looking at scratch removing kits and will hopefully have a working case soon.

The good news is, even with many scratches, the screen is clearly visible when brightly lit. At least for now...

Topic: nano included case

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.