nano included case - Page 3 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: nano included case

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 11-11-2005, 12:32 AM

Senior Lounger

I guess the big deal is since Apple is including the sleeve now with the same nanos we all bought, it seems only fair that current nano owners get the sleeve.

Jimmie Geddes, Editor
www.gadgetsonthego.net/
Old 11-11-2005, 02:00 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by lawnboy246
As long as you buy a case for the Nano and put it in the case as soon as you open the Nano box, what's the big deal?
At least to me this looks like Apple is silently admitting that there indeed might be a problem of nanos scratching too easily - Why else would they now ship it with the sleeve? Heck, when I called AppleStore to purchase my nano the guy at the other end said that buying a case is pretty much mandatory.

What I'm basically trying to say is that if nano doesn't retain its original condition under normal usage without a case or sleeve and Apple is now admitting that, they definetely should give the protective sleeve or some other case to current nano owners as well. This would strike as good publicity among all the class action suits going on. You just don't forget your current customers after you've got their money, do you?
Old 11-11-2005, 02:37 AM

Senior Lounger

GREAT POINT. thats why I published it at my website, it shows how great Apple's Customer Service is. They didn't forget their current customer (me) they sent me a much better 3 pack of cases for free.

Jimmie Geddes, Editor
www.gadgetsonthego.net/
Old 11-11-2005, 06:36 AM

Senior Lounger

OK; so you bought a new Nano already and fresh out of the box you put on the Crystal Film Cover Set by Power Support and then put it in a case such as the InCase Sleeve...again, what good would the sleeve do you that Apple is now including?

Granted it a sleeve, but it appears you still have to take the Nano out of it is a solid sleeve and you cannot access or view the display. Seems it would have made more sense to maybe give existing or even new users a gift card or something or download a small number of songs from iTunes for no charge.

Again, great to hear that Apple is including the sleeve, but from what I have seen with it, not sure how many people would actually want the one they are shipping as most people like to customize with a case specifically for their needs with is the reason for all of the 3rd party styles, colors, etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by jeg815
I guess the big deal is since Apple is including the sleeve now with the same nanos we all bought, it seems only fair that current nano owners get the sleeve.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:12 AM

Freshman Lounger

Question UK sales support response

Just spoke to sales support in the UK (a guy called David). He didn't know anything about this case, I was on hold for a while - I guess he asked around the office to see if anyone else knew.

He said he would try to find out about this, and seemed a little put-out that news was posted to the internet before they were told internally.

I had to tell him where I found out about the case being shipped.

Hopefully I will get sent a case when UK sales support are informed officialy.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:53 AM

Junior Lounger

Yup, same thing here! I got my Nano delivered two days ago. I enquired today at Apple South Africa and they knew nada about it. They told me that when Apple does ANY sort of change like this, there is a change/addition in part numbers. But no such changes are recorded on the list. Also at the official Apple Nano webpage under the included items, the sleeve is not there.

I told them to check with Apple headquarters to know WTF is going on and insist on sending a protective sleeve my way
Old 11-11-2005, 08:09 AM

Senior Lounger

Re: UK sales support response

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisjg
Just spoke to sales support in the UK (a guy called David). He didn't know anything about this case, I was on hold for a while - I guess he asked around the office to see if anyone else knew.

He said he would try to find out about this, and seemed a little put-out that news was posted to the internet before they were told internally.

I had to tell him where I found out about the case being shipped.

Hopefully I will get sent a case when UK sales support are informed officialy.
Report back how you get on, Ive bought 3 nanos, for me, brother and a friend so would like to see the UK peeps get the free cases as well.

3rd Gen 15gb
Silver Mini iPod 6gb
iPod Socks
Black ex71sl earbuds
White ex71sl earbuds

On their way: Black Video iPod 30gb & White Nano 2gb
Old 11-11-2005, 09:47 AM

Freshman Lounger

sfish is the perfect example of the american public that loves to be bent over and shafted by a major corporation. Thats all corporations do these days, push the limits to see how far they can ram a cold silver pole up your asses. With the release of the butter coated nano, apple has become one of them.

I seriously took the protective film off the nano and wiped it with a lens cleaner and it got scuffed up. Some people say their nano doesnt scratch that easily, you must be blind. They arent deep scratches but are visible scuffs when looked upon under light. I have mine in a case and i love it, but for those who dont have a case i cant imagine how your nano will look in six months...will you simlpy go out and buy another, and get shafted again? most likely. im sure sfish would. its not that people are demanding to be right, but when you dish out 250 bucks for an mp3 player, you would expect it to be quite durable for at least a year.

Im sure it was intended to make a fragile coating on the nanos becuase apple noticed that selling accessories brings in a majority of their revenue. why else do you think they wouldnt make a stronger coated nano?
Old 11-11-2005, 09:47 AM

Senior Lounger

So out of curiousity, I just called Apple and the customer service rep had no idea what I was talking about. Is there a specific department you with through to get this?
Old 11-11-2005, 10:08 AM

Senior Lounger

Spoke with the following departments and none of them had a clue about this mysterious sleeve: Sales, Customer Service, and Customer Relations.

Any ideas?
Old 11-11-2005, 02:22 PM

Senior Lounger

Apple acknowledges they are shipping a case with the nano, and also adds disclaimer to iPod nano web page.

http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/1...ipod-nano.html

Jimmie Geddes, Editor
www.gadgetsonthego.net/
Old 11-11-2005, 02:45 PM

Senior Lounger

I saw the disclaimer on their website now, but don't see the case listed on the contents page under What’s Included:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...e?family=iPodx

So for existing Nano owners, calling up Apple Customer support is of no use?
Old 11-11-2005, 02:59 PM

Freshman Lounger

Angry

The person I spoke with on the phone said the cases were ONLY shipping with the new ipod videos, and that there was nothing he could offer me.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:59 PM

Senior Lounger

http://www.betanews.com/article/iPod...eve/1131731319

Apple spokesman acknowledges case.

Jimmie Geddes, Editor
www.gadgetsonthego.net/
Old 11-11-2005, 03:03 PM

Senior Lounger

they are not listing the case as included with the nano anywhere, buthey are now ackowledging that they are shipping the iPod nano with the same case the iPod video comes with.

Jimmie Geddes, Editor
www.gadgetsonthego.net/

Topic: nano included case

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.